Wanna Lose Weight? Calling All Chunky Monkeys!

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 10:27pm by TexasSugar

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 10:15am
post #391 of 412

CONGRATS Jade!!!!!!

I lost 3 pounds this week, I am SOOOOO happy that I am below 170 pounds, only by 0.4, but the scale definitely told me I was 169.6!!!!!!!!!! I guess my hard work this week paid off! I ran the first road race of the season yesterday (5 KM) and finished in 31:30, another proud moment for me! Now to have another good week, this week is crazy busy with my girls dance recital plus the extra practices and dress rehearsals that go with them. I need to prepare some healthy meals tonight so that we can eat well and get to the theatre every day!!

Keep up all the great work fellow monkeys! icon_smile.gif

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 8:58pm
post #392 of 412

Hey,

Congrats Jade! Hopefully you lose that last pound this week *crosses fingers*

Just got back from Vegas last night well early this morning. Unreal, I love it there! My friends and I did so much walking, but the food portions down there are massive. I will definitely be going back there, but the next trip is New York City in the fall. I most likely gained weight on vacation so I am not going to look at the scale. Time to get serious about this weight loss again now that I'm back icon_smile.gif

Janelle

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:29pm
post #393 of 412

Thought I'd jump in with an update.

I've been doing Atkins for a month now; I'm down 7 pounds, for a total of 17 since last August (I lost the first 10 by cutting back, but it took 4 months to get it off, hence back low carbing).

I found out that I absolutely cannot have low-carb products like bars & shakes - they're notorious for stalling a low carb diet, and that's exactly what they did the one week I tried them. It's annoying because I look at that 7 lb total for the month, and it could have been 9 or 10 lbs LOL ah well...

Anyway, I'm mostly eating lean meats and an absolute ton of veggies, with a few odds and ends thrown in. It's simple, but it's working for me.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:24am
post #394 of 412

I'm off my diet until sometime next week. The reason? I got my wisdom teeth out and quite frankly, who wants to eat low-carb mushy stuff? Not this woman! I'm enjoying oatmeal, applesauce, mashed potatoes, and ice cream. icon_smile.gif

I'll hop right back onto the low-carb wagon once I can start chewing regular food. And honestly, I should have had this done when I was 17, cuz it would have saved me a LOT of trouble.

I know this is temporary, and I have a feeling I'm going to get sick of those foods (yay!) by Sunday. icon_wink.gif

Oh, I am drinking protein shakes...I don't want to leave that out.

emrldsky Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:04pm
post #395 of 412

ok, so, it seems that going off my diet wasn't too bad...I couldn't eat a lot anyway. icon_smile.gif

Oh, btw...145!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official...I reached my goal. icon_biggrin.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #396 of 412

thumbs_up.gif WAY TO GO JADE!!!! I knew you could do it. Doesn't it feel great????? I'm so proud of you................

emrldsky Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:16pm
post #397 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

thumbs_up.gif WAY TO GO JADE!!!! I knew you could do it. Doesn't it feel great????? I'm so proud of you................

Thank you so much! It's almost bittersweet...my journey has technically ended, but I've come so far, it's hard to find sadness in it. icon_smile.gif

I know that my food issues will forever be a part of me, and almost like an alcoholic, I have to avoid having "just one" of some things.

But really, the most important lesson I learned, and held onto...if you have a BAD day...it's just a day. It doesn't have to turn into days, weeks, or months. That ONE bad day does NOT have to derail all of your progress. Don't beat yourself up...in the end, that one day will not make a 5lb difference on your scale, but giving up can.

I'll still hang around my fellow Chunky Monkeys, giving advice, encouragement, and hope. icon_smile.gif

Man, I sound like I'm giving a speech after having won an award! icon_lol.gif

butternut Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:37pm
post #398 of 412

Well Jade, you have actually earned an award. An award in the form of better health and the feeling of accomplishment for what was at times, a very tough journey. Not an easy task by no means. You should be VERY proud of yourself. It sounds like you have learned soooooo much through this journey. The fact that you have realized that if you have one bad day, it can stop there and not go into the next, is very powerful. That makes so much sense and yet that is something that I have to admit I still struggle with. For me, one bad day leads to another which leads to another. I'm getting better but it's not easy. You've come so far and now you know what you need to do to keep that weight off and stay in power. You are an inspiration and I thank you...... Yes, absolutely stick around. We need your support and encouragement, not to mention that we just plain like ya icon_lol.gif

Kay_NL Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #399 of 412

thumbs_up.gif Many congratulations to you Jade!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

emrldsky Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:44pm
post #400 of 412

Thank you guys so much. I actually was at work yesterday reading that and tearing up a bit. icon_smile.gif Having a place to check in, to list achievements, failures, or just to catch up has been a blessing.

It's been easier to stick with things lately too...DH has joined me. icon_smile.gif He didn't think he could cut the carbs down, but he's done really well. He's lost 13lbs himself (although, I don't think he NEEDS to lose anymore).

Now, the journey of weight maintenance has begun. I will NOT let myself fall into the same trap I always do...you know the one...the trap where you say, "Well, I lost all that weight, I can cheat a little more that I did before."

NO NO NO! I cannot! icon_smile.gif I think I'm going to set my "get my rear in gear" weight at 150. Once I reach that, I know it's time to get my rear in gear and do things right again.

Kay_NL Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:11pm
post #401 of 412

Jade, you sound like you will continue keeping your healthy weight, what a positive attitude you have!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

My DH joined me in January and we have been running together on occasion as well as eating well. He has lost 41 lbs and the Dr. wants him to lose about another 30, I am so proud of him, and of both of us for finally getting on the right track and being role models for our children!!

Last week I had posted a gain of almost 5 lbs after my daughter's birthday party (which mean too much pizza and cake for me) but this week I am down 7 bringing me to a weight lower than when we got married in 2002!!!!!!!!

Keep up the exercise and good eating Monkeys!! We have snow here again today but I'm getting out for a 6.5 km run anyways. Only 2 months until the 10 mile road race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misa-chan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misa-chan Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #402 of 412

Whew! I just saw this thread..and after deciding i'm too 'chubby" for my own good, I want to loose weight!

I weight..if I recall right, 230lbs (( I dunno if the word livres in french is pounds or LBS..i'm never sure.. but I live in canada if that helps!))

I've always wanted to loose weight but I am a bit lazy,instead of taking walks I'll just sleep in and what not! Well I decided I had enough of my big bum-bum and the fact that I can't fit into nice shirts thanks to my boobs!

I need motivation, or somebody to kick me in the butt! lol

butternut Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:56pm
post #403 of 412

Wow, Katherine, sounds like you are on a roll. GREAT weight loss. Yep, it is easier when both you and your hubby do this together. Sounds like he is doing fantastic. Congrats to both of you!!!! Keep it up and you'll both be at your goal weights before ya know it...
WELCOME Misa-chan to our Chunky Monkey group. Always nice to see new faces (so to speak) Exercise isn't my strong point either. It just kinda feels like work to me. I do walk a couple miles a day on the treadmill but I'm trying to find more "fun" ways to get my exercise in. I purchased a badminton/volleyball set a while back but had to bring it back because of a missing piece and they didn't have any more in stock. I am going elsewhere to look around. I wouldn't consider that as exercise even though I know it kinda is. You hang in there and with enough desire and determination, you'll lose that weight.........
Now a question to everyone. Do any of you eat organic foods? I'm really considering planting an organic veggie garden. I've just heard soooooo much about pesticides and all that I'm about ready to give it a try. Anyone else out there plant organic???

emrldsky Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:50pm
post #404 of 412

Welcome to new Chunky Monkeys and congrats to any and all successes!!!

Please don't hate me, but after I reached 145 (my goal), I figured I was where I needed to be.

I went from a size 15/16 down to a 9/10, lost 5 inches in my waist, 4 in my hips (official measurements are: bust - 37.5, waist - 30.5, hips - 39) and I'm feeling good! I started with: bust - 42, waist - 35.5, and hips - 43.

But now...I'm down another FOUR pounds! So ladies, here's what I think it is...when you become happy with WHO YOU ARE, you'll shed those unwanted pounds.

Love yourself first, and never give up. icon_smile.gif

butternut Posted 23 May 2009 , 10:12pm
post #405 of 412

OK Jade, you've gone and done it now, yep, I'm not liking you a whole lot right now...... hee hee hee icon_lol.gif ONLY KIDDING... WOW, look at you go!!!!!!!! Not only did you meet your goal but you've surpassed it. How great is that???? I'm soooooo proud of you!!! Yep, I think you are absolutely right, it makes all the difference in the world when you're happy with yourself. I've been doing pretty well, with the exception of the last couple of days. Memorial week-end and lots of baking and cook outs. I'm sure that I'll pick up a pound or two but that's ok. I knew that if I didn't indulge myself a little over the holiday that I would feel deprived and when that happens, well, you don't want to know what happens icon_lol.gif Seriously though, if I feel deprived I go completely nuts and start eating everything in sight and it usually continues for a good while..... Sooooo, I'm doing ok.... I won't weigh in on Wednesday and get myself back on track come Tuesday...... I did have to go buy new clothes a couple days ago and I really HATED that. I'm 2 sizes higher than I want to be but had to buy a few new outfits because I've been selected for jury duty and I didn't have anything to wear at my current size...... Man, it's terrible buying clothes when you're not planning on staying the size you are.... Kind of feels like a waste of money..... OH well, gotta do whatcha gotta do.....
Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their holiday week-end. Stay safe and be careful and have fun whatever you're doing........... Congrats Jade thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif !!!!!!!!

Kay_NL Posted 25 May 2009 , 11:24am
post #406 of 412

Wow Jade!! That is absolutely fantastic, way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm like a yo-yo and I realize I have to get my binge snacking under control. icon_sad.gif I'm maintaining my weight between 170 and 175 because I am still running and exercising, but I don't think twice about gobbling down a hand full of chocolate chips or other bad foods. I can easily gain 7 lbs one week, then lose it the next, and that extreme gain and loss is way too much, in my opinion.

Must - Have - More - Self - Control!

My goal for this week is to practice self control, 3pm-5pm is my prime snack time so I need to choose a healthy filling snack around then. I know how to eat well, I just need to do it more at this point! I have a 10K road race on Saturday.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:03pm
post #407 of 412

Jade!!! Way to go!!! Once again, I've been slacking on this thread, but lurking for sure! Just wanted to report that my husband and I are now walking together every morning and continuing to work on losing weight by low carbing it. I've been crazy busy with cakes, daughter's college graduation, etc....but just keep taking it day by day!! Go chunky monkeys!!!

butternut Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:15pm
post #408 of 412

Hi Diane. It's good to hear from you. Sounds like your pretty much sticking to your plan. Glad that both you and hubby are working together on the same goal. Makes it easier for sure. I'm trying to get back to walking every day. Boy, once you get away from it for a little while, it's hard to get back. I guess the key is not to get away from it icon_lol.gif I was bad over the holiday week-end but today is a new day and I've got my desire and determination back. Keep up the great work and check in more often, we missed you.

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:16pm
post #409 of 412

so much going on in life right now. I don't even want to get into the details. But I don't get updates for this thread and itmakes me sad. I've tried unwatching and rewatching and nothing works.

so the news about my weight is right now i'm not losing but i'm not gaining. I have amended my goal to lose 70 by the time my husband gets back from deployment. He leaves in a couple weeks for about a year.

I'm recovering from carpal tunnel surgery. It's only been 8 days so it'll heal up soon. My foot is in an air cast to prevent a stress fracture and hopefully heal the heel pain (plantar fasciitis).

I'll do my best to keep up on this thread now that I found it again.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 10:28pm
post #410 of 412

Guess who!!

Oh Jade, I am so proud of you! You give the rest of us inspiration knowing it can be done.

I'm working this week on trying to get back on track with my eating, and next week will add in walking. I'd love to do both but since Aunt Flo is visiting I figured with my moods I'd have better success with just doing one this week.

Why is it when you are paying attention to your eating you feel more hungry? It isn't like I'm starving myself, since I'll be hungry again after eating when I know I shouldn't be. I know it is totally mental, but I don't like it!

Since it is the middle of the year, and many of us are struggling to start again would it be better to start a new thread? Deb said she is having trouble getting messages for when posts are made. Would starting a new one help ya?

I'm sorry to hear about your foot and hope your hand(s) get better soon!!

Kay_NL Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:54pm
post #411 of 412

I'd be okay with a new thread, just put a link to it in here, for people who may stumble upon this one, or people like me who find it through "My Forum Posts". icon_smile.gif

We might even get lots of newbies join us!! icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 10:27pm
post #412 of 412

I started a new thread so please join me there.... Weight Lose Help...With the Chunky Monkeys!

I'm hoping the new thread will help refocus us as well as help those that haven't been getting the updates to the thread. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%