Piping Flowers

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 4:58am by Monkess

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone, from all the amazing pictures ive seen on here, ive realised i dont think ive seen any cakes with piped RI flowers. ive seen some beautiful colour combinations in Peggy Porschen's books with daffodils, pansys, daisys and basic 5 petal flowers that im dying to try but i was wondering if they are really difficult as no-one seems to do them or are they just out of fashion - lol!

9 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 10

Out of fashion is more like it! I do them, people just don't ask for them. I think they are beautiful but I do like the realism of gumpaste better. I have a pic in my photos of a peach colored flower on a two tier white cake and some other beginner cakes with RI. I think they're easy to work with myself. Just easy to break. My snowflake xmas tree cake is also RI.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 10

I use them alot. Take a look in my pictures

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 10

I use them also but like Gumpaste better they look more real

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:54am
post #5 of 10

I love making flowers, I use buttercream though, not RI. Click the link below, I have a lot of videos showing how to make a lot of different kinds of flowers.

I wouldn't say out of fashion, just depends on who you're making the cake for.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:59am
post #6 of 10

Look thru my photos....many of mine are b'cream as I really dislike working w/royal. You can do almost the same flowers in b'cream......just a few need royal.....like daisies, daffodills, petunias...cupped stuff like that.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:36am
post #8 of 10

Serious_Cakes
Just saw some of your work on youtube-wonderful! Your sense of humour is very endearing!! lol...great work too btw!!

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:56am
post #9 of 10

Thank you very much!! icon_biggrin.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 4:58am
post #10 of 10

I also saw the drop string one- loved it...you got me wanting to do it on my next one! Good job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%