Putting Sugar Shacks Bc Icing In The Fridge.....question

Decorating By cakebaker1978 Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 10:36pm by bashini

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 6

I always like to put my cakes in the fridge after I am done decorating them. I am trying sugar shacks BC icing this weekend and I was wondering if anyone has put their cakes in the fridge with sugar shacks BC icing on it? I am making Friday night for Saturday morning pick up.

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 6

I believe in her videos she puts her cakes in the fridge. I would pm her and ask to be sure.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 6

Unless a cake needs to be friged because of a filling you should not frig it.
If you insist - put it in a cake box, remove from frig several hours before p/u so it has time to c ome to room temp and any sweating will evaporate.

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 6

I do! All the time, but I use a combination of butter and shortening, not 100% shortening. Since shortening doesn't freeze hard, putting a cake in the frig that has 100% shortening bc on it shouldn't help or hurt it.

The reason I put mine in the frig is because since I use butter in my bc it sets up really firm in the frig which makes it easier and more stable when it comes to transporting it.

Hope that helps!

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 6

I agree! I like to set mine up in the fridge too! I feel better transporting it when it is more stable. Thanks!!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 6

You can put it in the fridge and you can even freeze Sugarshack's bc. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%