Nicolas Lodge's Classes

Decorating By BabyBear3 Updated 25 Nov 2008 , 10:45pm by CakesByLJ

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 10

has anyone taken a class from him??? I"m curious on your input. I wanted to maybe sign up for one this summer but they are quite expensive and I"m curious if they are worth the money and how you felt about the class and the things you learned when you left!

Thanks for any ideas/input you may have!!!!!

9 replies
gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 10

Not taken a class but have several of his books, he's a very knowledgable guy taking sugarcraft to a high level and possibly that is what you are paying for

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 10

I have seen his work on Food Network's Challange and he does amazing work, I think he is exceptional.

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 10

I've taken two classes and am signed up for two more next year. I have learned lots from the classes. I don't have anything nearby and this is working out for me. He is incredible.

Linda

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 10

I've taken one class from him and am signed up to take another in February. He's amazing. I can't wait until February! icon_smile.gif

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 10:11pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks for you input! I will start saving my money!!! I went to his open house this past weekend in Norcross and was just star struck and awed by all his ideas and skills!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 10:15pm
post #7 of 10

Not only are his classes incredible, he's works very, very hard to make sure you are successful. I took many of his classes and assisted him for a quite a few other classes. In my opinion, he's the best and his classes are well worth it.

GipsyGourmet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GipsyGourmet Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 10:21pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdodgen

has anyone taken a class from him??? I"m curious on your input. I wanted to maybe sign up for one this summer but they are quite expensive and I"m curious if they are worth the money and how you felt about the class and the things you learned when you left!

Thanks for any ideas/input you may have!!!!!

I've taken Nicholas' 3 day Rolled Fondant class and I'm registered to take his 5 day gumpaste class in January -- Nicholas is a wonderful instructor/person, his work is simply breath taking. Trust me, you get your money's worth, every minute you're in his class, you are working; however, at the end of the day, you can't believe that the day is over, you learn so much in such a short amount of time. I highly recommend attending one of his classes, it's worth it! Just be ready to jump in with both feet and get moving, because he covers a lot in his classes!

Kaique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaique Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 10:27pm
post #9 of 10

Is there a website with information on his classes? Where does he hold them?

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 10:45pm
post #10 of 10

ditto about Nick's classes...... he's the best thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
www.nicholaslodge.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%