Abraham Lincoln Cake Ideas?

Decorating By BeckSue Updated 25 Nov 2008 , 12:52am by BrendaS104

BeckSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckSue Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 3:00am
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to make a cake for an Abraham Lincoln celebration for 75 4th graders and their parents. There will be other cakes there, so mine doesn't have to feed the whole crew. I am a novice at cake-making. Have taken the Wilton course 1, and made a four-tiered wedding cake which turned out well. Any simple suggestions?

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 3:18am
post #2 of 5

When do you need it? I might have some ideas for you in a few days....
Can you get a frosting sheet made? (That's a printed pic)
Have you googled Lincoln pix?
Get some idea of what size & shape you want to make. Tiered? Sheet? 10" round? it will make a difference what ideas we can come up with/

CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 11:32pm
post #3 of 5

Well it would be AWESOME to somehow make the lincoln memorial with the columns and everything but that is probably a too dificult. I like what kakeladi said. Put his picture on the top then maybe around the sides put stuff that hes done and said pictures and quotes!!

Good Luck[/quote]

JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 12:32am
post #4 of 5

do his log cabin... you could bake a sheet cake , cut it in half and stack it (board and dowel between the two cakes) then take piroinne cookies and stack them around it and fill with icing for the grout between the logs- for the roof- you could either ice graham crackers in brown , make a gingerbread type cookie for the roof or do something like that... If wilton has spray cans in brown- you could simulate the wood planking on the roof by laying down a ruler- spray- then move the ruler over and spray until you get lines and brown all over the top. If you need a pic of his log cabin...I live by two of 'em- the one he was born in - Hodgenville, KY and one he lived in as a child... icon_smile.gif Then do a sign that says something about the one room log cabin- I'm sure there is a quote on it. OR- do a gumpaste figure of him laying outside the log cabin with a book- studying... icon_smile.gif

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 12:52am
post #5 of 5

I was thinking... it would be pretty simple to make his black top hat, assuming you know how to do fondant.. just a really tall stacked round cake with a little fondant trim around the bottom as a base. Then in white letters you can write around the bottom rim... "4 score and 7 years ago...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%