Cookie Gift Boxes... Help!

Baking By Atomikjen Updated 22 Nov 2008 , 10:39pm by Joanne1944

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 8

have any of you lovely ladies (or gentlemen) ever made a huge order for the holidays?

I have a friend who wants me to make his holiday gift baskets of cookies.

He wants me to make them of varying sizes depending on the recipient. Basically, small, medium and large.

Would I be better off trying to use singular boxes for each size or should I get a little crazy and make stacks depending on the size? Like use one box for the small, two for the medium and three for the large (all of varying sizes)?

Would you use boxes that are one piece with a lid that folds into place or a box that has a separate lid?

Where do you purchase your boxes? I need to find either gold or silver boxes of varying sizes (potentially).

I appreciate your help on this. Thanks in advance!

Jen

so ever grateful for a community like this!

7 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 8

nashville wraps has some pretty cool stuff

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 8

JoAnn's has beautiful, sturdy holiday gift boxes and they are already on sale. Michael's (at least near me) has a very limited selection, but JoAnn's has various shapes and sizes of boxes as well as tins. I would used the 2 piece box and lid.

ac0474 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac0474 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 8

I agree with littlecake as far as Nashville wraps go, but depending on the amount and size, that can get $$. Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and the dollar stores have boxes at this time of year. There are always tins to use also.

I would only use one container per order unless otherwise noted. I find that packaging (sometimes), especially if done by myself, is more work than the order itself, so keep it simple and elegant.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 8

The Dollar Tree has a huge selection of holiday boxes, baskets, bowls, all sorts of things. All for $1. I don't know if there's a Dollar Tree near you, but most of the dollar stores have lots of great stuff this time of year.

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:47am
post #6 of 8

thanks all!

I'm looking into the nashville wraps, VERY cute stuff!

and has anyone gone on the dollar tree site? they have the cutest ribbon... white with silver snowflakes!!! Precious! =D

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 12:42pm
post #7 of 8

Paper Mart also has a huge variety of boxes, bags, containters, ribbons, etc. They were quick with their delivery, and the prices were very reasonable.

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 10:39pm
post #8 of 8

I just received an order of gold boxes with clear lids from www.choklitmolds.com
They have a lot of boxes in different sizes and shipping was very fast. I am using them for "Save The Date" cookies for some good friends' 50th anniversary. I am putting 2 cookies in each box. On is a champagne bottle and flute and the other is a round photo from the wedding cookie.
I also bought the stretchy pre-tied loops with bows that slip over the box - very reasonable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%