1/2 Sheet Full Sheet...sizes..prices Help!!

Decorating By HipnotiqGlamour Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 6:24pm by HipnotiqGlamour

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 5:03am
post #1 of 7

Okay so ive been looking around on different websites only for me to find two different sizes called FULL SHEET CAKES.

12x18

18x24

Which size is considered a FULL SHEET CAKE? and how many people does it feed?? Also seeing how I havent dont many of these cakes what is the average price for these iced in whipped topping and with a filling??

Ill appreciate any help I can get on this subject

Thanks CC

6 replies
lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 6:10am
post #2 of 7

to me, a half sheet is 12x18 .. thats the half sheet pan I purchase. so a full sheet would be 2 of these side by side or 24x18. I do 1 layer about 2 inches torted and filled.. should be about 52 for the half and 104 for the full.

in the bakery I used to work in a full was 16x24 (commercial sheet pan measurements) and half was 16x12 I believe..

cost is gonna vary depending on your area and how much it cost you of course..I don't charge for a filling but some do.. some people charge extra for whipped cream

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 6:49am
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much for your help.

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 6:50am
post #4 of 7

Thank you so much for your help.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 11:53am
post #5 of 7

You will find many, many various answers to this perplexing problem/question!
As lilthorner said it is based on commercial bakery pans going back to when bakeries 1st started.
It is best NOT to use the terms full, half, or quarter sheet.
Instead ask people how many servings they need.
Many times the general population has no idea what they want and have only heard the terms. I have had people ask for a full sheet when they only wanted something like 10 or 20 servings.

While we are on the subject a 'sheet cake' generally is one layer 2" tall, usually without filling.
\\
Seeing you are in CA I suggest you check around at local bakeries to see what they are charging for them. Never base your price on discount places (Costco etc).

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 7

[quote="HipnotiqGlamour"]... and how many people does it feed?? /quote]

The good news on square/rectangle cakes is that it's easy to do the math to figure servings, depending on the serving size.

Standard serving size for sheet is 2x2x2, so using this size, the 12x18 would be cut in 6 rows by 9 columns = 54 servings. If you cut them bigger, 3x2x2, then the cake would be cut in 6 rows by 6 columns = 36 servings.

I go by the 54 servings for the 12x18 and 108 servings for the 24x18.

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 7

See this is why I love CC. You all help me out so much!!

Thank you thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%