Perplexing Combination.....please Help!

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 5:09pm by tonimarie

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 8

icon_surprised.gif okay cakers I need some help. A client called tonight for a cake due on Sunday. She wants it to be a combination of
1st communion/confirmation/birthday into one cake icon_confused.gif My design well is dry on this one. It is to feed approximately 30 people. My only thought is a 2 tiered cake and have one tier for the religious aspect and the other for birthday..other than that I am just a blank.

TIA

7 replies
Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #2 of 8

Tonimarie---

How about a 1/4 sheet cake that reads:

God Bless ______ (input name) on His/Her First Communion and ____ (year) Birthday

You could decorate a cross on one end and balloons on the other.

Just a thought!

Paul & Peter

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:27am
post #3 of 8

I like your thoughts on the 2 tiers. I'd do a 10 & 6" rounds.

tonimarie Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #4 of 8

Thanks...keep the ideas coming!
Kakeladi--do you have an idea of how to decorate each tier so it would be tied together?? I hate it when things don't "mesh" with each other. I want this to be a special cake, because I forgot to mention the little girl is also my God daughter!

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:59am
post #5 of 8

I am not sure if the vision that I have in my head for this cake for you is going to come out right but here goes! You could use RI and have an angel holding a few balloons. With that have one angel facing one way and another angel facing the other way (they are facing each other) and have a beautiful cross in the middle. You could put this on the side of the top tier and write something on the bottom tier. Good luck and please post pictures of the final cake!

tonimarie Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:44pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you and I will post a pic!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 8

Have to work today.....will try to post a couple of pix late this afternoon/evening.

tonimarie Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 8

have decided to use the book pan....one side for birthday one for 1st communion. would love ideas if anyone has any. cakes in the oven!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%