I'm Surprised :(

Decorating By Chippi Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 8:52pm by Chippi

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 22

Call me a whiner, but I am sad. I posted a heart cake, to me my best one so far out of 4 I've done and I only recieved 3 feedbacks. I could not wait to get home to post it to you all. I dunno if I will post again, if so I won't get my hopes up for much feedback.

Disappointed
Chippi

21 replies
nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 22

It's not that your cakes are not good, because I looked and your cakes are really good. It's just sometimes they go by so fast on the front page and get missed by a lot of us. There is a post about it somewhere on here about it. Don't stop posting your pics, they're great!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 22

Hey Chippi -- Don't be disappointed! There are a lot of people who just look quickly thru the cake pictures on the homepage! It's been my experience that the galleries flip so fast.. that your cakes pictures aren't up very long and so there's not a lot of time for people to see them. But don't let it bother you! Just keep baking and caking!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 22

It's lovely cake.
I've noticed that sometimes posts are ignored. I guess it's for the same reasons as described above.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 22

For some reason everyone has different taste in cakes, because I've seen cakes that are like OMG and other that are like OH NO on the popular list or most viewed. But I have to say the the best critic should be your client as long as their happy who cares what cc's have to say or see. Keep baking your rewards are through word of mouth.

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 22

Chippi,
I just got home and read your post. Took a quick peek at your cake(s). The heart one is amazing...but then, I am very impressed by your others, as well! You've definitely got talent...so keep posting pics of your cakes!

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 22

Chippi:
Do get down... get your total posts up to 100 and join the gallery supporters group then join the critique subgroup... THAT is where you get a TON of feed back! You don't have to be a pro to join either!
PM if you want more info!
BTW: the lack of feedback is NOT because of your cakes... they are beautiful! Get posting and join the groups! The critique group will leave you honest/useful feedback!

nefcook21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefcook21 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:01pm
post #8 of 22

Has something happened to all the comments? None of my cakes have comments on them and I know that some of them did. The last 10 or 12 that I've posted don't have anything. Is there maybe a setting I don't have on or something? icon_confused.gif

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:04pm
post #9 of 22

Go to 'My Forum Info' and click the setting that allows feedback/ comments of pics.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:08pm
post #10 of 22

Chippi, as of right this moment there are at twelve pages of uploaded photos that have not been comment on, so count yourself as one of the lucky ones. As a Gallery Supporter Member, I try to work on as many pages as possible a day but so many get posted it's hard to keep up! Your work is great so don't stop posting. The reality is that some get more comments than others. It's not a criticism of your work or anyone else's that does not get commented on right away - or, sometimes, at all. thumbs_up.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:15pm
post #11 of 22

I have noticed that too and was wondering if there was a better time to post than not....? You know, more people online looking. You just wonder how some of them have 20, 30, 40.... comments at a time.

I enjoy reading any and all that I get. I post comments on cakes when I look for a specific thing.....like Elmo, Hats.....etc.... I try and leave a comment when I add to my favorite's list.

Keep posting....

Chippi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:17pm
post #12 of 22

Thanks you all. The cake was posted here in the Cake decorating forum. I do know that the ones posted in that gallery may or may not receive feedback right away. I appreciate all of your kind words and truly was not trying to be a whiney baby, just really need some feedback being a newbie!

God Bless,
Chippi < next forum addict! lol

nefcook21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefcook21 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:42pm
post #13 of 22

ultimate cakes--thanks so much for the tip. I'm not sure how that got checked but that fixed it! icon_biggrin.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:49pm
post #14 of 22

honestly, there are so many cakes posted here that the "average" or "good" ones kinda fall though the cracks sometimes. i know i only comment on the ones that *really* grab my attention...

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 11:00pm
post #15 of 22

Hey Chippi don't let it get you down like everyone said sometimes it by us but I went and saw your work. You ought to be proud you did a wonderful job. icon_smile.gif

Chippi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 11:24pm
post #16 of 22

Thank you all appreciate the time you've spent. I will cont. to post my pics. I also need to take into consideration how busy everyones lives are and will continue to be even busier with the holidays coming. Happy Cake Baking!

Chippi

mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:16am
post #17 of 22

Alright I have gotten a lot of response about how to join the groups so I am going to post the info here:

Did you notice under my picture in the forum that there is a button that says Gallery Supporter?
If you have 100 posts click that button and that will take you to a page where you can become a member... Or here is the link:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forums-group25754.html
hopefully it works, if not let me know icon_cool.gif

The rule is that you will take time each day (or most) to post on the un-commented cakes (there is a special link you can access once you join that lists them all).

Once you have been approved go to this link and join the critique group:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=139751&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I guess the gallery supporter is NOT a requirement.. but I would recomend cause there are others who want feedback too! (I believe in pay it foward)! Have FUN!

Chippi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:23am
post #18 of 22

Awesome post Mommy_of_3! Thank you very much for taking the time to post all that. I will definitely post everyday on the un-commented cakes I didn't realize.

Happy Cake Baking!
Chippi

mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 7:06pm
post #19 of 22

all right.. you do have to sign up for both to be a critique member...but it is great you get a ton of honest and useful feedback, not just sugary comments... for instance I need to make my boards better...

HeatherBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherBelle Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 7:13pm
post #20 of 22

Hi Chippi,

I looked at your pictures, and all of your cakes are beautiful! I wanted to reply mainly because I'm from Yukon too! Are you taking classes anywhere?

Heather

Chippi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:36pm
post #21 of 22

Wow, nice to meet someone here in yukon that does cakes also. No Heather all self taught, I wouldn't mind taking some classes though. I know hobby lobby has some that are pretty cheap and are half price right now, like 17.50 orig. 35.00 PM me and i'll give you the instrutors name and number if you need it.

Chippi icon_smile.gif

Chippi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:52pm
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippi

Wow, nice to meet someone here in yukon that does cakes also. No Heather all self taught, I wouldn't mind taking some classes though. I know hobby lobby has some that are pretty cheap and are half price right now, like 17.50 orig. 35.00 PM me and i'll give you the instrutors name and number if you need it.

Chippi icon_smile.gif

Wait I will take that back, I have watched all of Edna's videos (tonedna1 on CC) on Youtube which has taught me so much, especially with gumpaste and fondant. She is an awesome instructor I only wished I lived in Florida! I have also watched many other video's. So I have had instruction. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%