Cream Cheese Icing Storage

Decorating By ljhow623 Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 3:01pm by mommaroxy

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 7

Can you freeze cream cheese frosting?

With the cream cheese in the frosting I know it has to be refrigerated so what do you tell brides? I know the cake will be sitting out for several hours. Will this harm the icing?

6 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 7

you really should use a shelf stable cream cheese icing that does not require refrigeration. there are a couple recipes here on cc.

HTH

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 7

A bit depends on the weather. If it is cool, and the room is cool, it will be fine out for a few hours. Deliver the cake very cold and it will stay cool for quite a while. the biggest risk is for melting not spoiling in just a few hours.

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 7

Wow, I never really thought about it melting. That helps me alot,
Thanks!

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 7

I use cream cheese icing on my italian cream cheese cakes and I don't refridgerate them after I have made them and I have never had a problem with them. I make cupcakes like this all the time and they are yummy even several days later sitting at room temp, covered of course. As for freezing it, I have frozen my cream cheese icing many times with no problems! Good luck!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:36am
post #6 of 7

Earlene Moore has a b'cream/cr ch recipe on her site. She said it was analized by someone at a health dept (I think) & it is safe to remain UNrefrigerated for up to something like 2 wks.
Otherwise, one has only a 4 hour window that cr ch should be Unrefrig'd which includes the time worked on, & displayed.

mommaroxy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommaroxy Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:01pm
post #7 of 7

Ive been wondering this too. I make cream cheese frosting for my cinn. rolls and they usually are left on the counter in a n airtight container over a couple of days...like 2-3. I usually make a huge batch of them and they get eaten over the weekend. They always still taste great and no one has ever gotten sick from them. I heard that if the sugar to cream cheese ratio is high enough it wont spoil or something like that. What recipe do you plan on using?

Maybe someone will shape a shelf stable version!

Take Care and God Bless

~Roxanne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%