Drop Flowers

Decorating By mclean Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 10:14pm by mclean

mclean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclean Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 7

How soon before decorating my cake can I/should I make the drop flowers? I would like to get a head start on them and make them as soon as possible! Thanks for your help!

6 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 7

Anytime.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 7

If you use royal icing OR my airdrying b'cream recipe you can make them anytime. Make them on plastic wrap instead of wax paper. When they are dry they just fall off the plastic wrap so there is no breakageicon_smile.gif

mclean Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:04am
post #4 of 7

Thanks for this kakeladi! I am wondering if you would mind sharing your air drying buttercream recipe (I can't seem to locate it). Thanks!

jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:26am
post #5 of 7

mclean

I just made this buttercream frosting yesterday as a trial and it turned out fab...

2 1/2 cups sweetex
3 sticks salted butter
2 sticks unsalter butter
4 TBS Flavoring (I used this new one I found at local store called butter vanilla)
1 Cup Hot heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp merange powder
20 Cups 10x powder sugar

I creamed the sweetex/butter, then added the flavoring, and merainge powder, added heavy cream, then the powder sugar.

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy!

Jenangel

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:28am
post #6 of 7

Air dried b'cream is simply royal icing (properly made) then add about 1/2 to 1 cup of Crisco shortening (depending on the amount of royal used).
The addition of shortening keeps royal from dry *hard* & gives the b'cream consistency but still allows it to dry stable enough to handle. Usually I add a lg dollop - about 1/2 cup to a basic royal recipe.
Once you make your flowers do NOT refrigerate; do NOT cover; do NOT fz.......just let them air dry, usually overnight is enough.

mclean Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:14pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much for all of this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%