50Th Tiered Cake Help

Decorating By cakesmart Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 5:27pm by kakeladi

cakesmart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmart Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 3

My client wants a three-tiered square cake for her 50th birthday. She wants half chocolate and half vanilla. I'm set for the half/half - I plan to make chocolate and whilte sour cream almond cakes and frost with almond BC.

The client said for me to 'do my thing' when I asked about different flavors for each tier. I'm looking for suggestions for flavors and fillings for the two top tiers that would complement the bottom tier. Also, would each tier have it own flavored BC?

Thanks,
Deb

2 replies
tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:35am
post #2 of 3

Here is an oreo filling that's really yummy and would compliment both flavors of cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5773-Oreo-Filling.html

I wouldn't think you would need to flavor each layer of buttercream differently, I would just make a almond/vanilla flavored for all of it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 3

Have you thought of making at least one tier using a layer each of the choco & WASC?
For filling on that combination use raspberryicon_smile.gif Flavor the icing w/some raspberry extract or stick to the butter/vanilla/almond combination.

Another filling idea for WASC cake this time of yr is to add Craisins (dried, sweetened cranberries) to b'cream OR non dairy topping such as Frostin Pride or Rich's Bettercreme.

My *original* WASC recipe is soooooo versitial(sp??) you can use almost any filling. Lemon; strawberry; chocolate mousse; spiced apple pie; or even Gr. Choco filling {coconut, pecans, in brown sugar sauce - usually I just buy a can in the frosting/cake sectionicon_smile.gif }

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%