What Are Your Favorite Dr. Cake Mix Recipes?

Decorating By ybeal Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 4:10am by ybeal

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 7

I need to take a cake on Tuesday to a party - in the interest time I'd like to Dr. a cake mix, any suggestions? I might also try the sugar cookie layer....so many ideas, so little time....

TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 7

White Almond Sour Cream cake (WASC). I have never had as many compliments on any cake - scratch or doctored - than I have had on this one. It's in the recipe section. I like the version of it that uses the egg whites only. Delicious and easy!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 7

Darned good chocolate cake from the Cake Mix Doctor book. Every time I make it I get rave reviews. People love biting in and finding chocolate chips in the cake!

Julie

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 7

whats the sugar cookie layer? I've never head of this. Someone care to share details?

icon_razz.gif

cindy531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy531 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 7

Almond cream cheese pound cake from the cake mix doctor book. Everyone loves it!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 12:26am
post #6 of 7

As much as I **love** my *original* WASC recipe I suggest something different this time: the Cremecycle cake from the Cake Mix Dr book.

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:10am
post #7 of 7

what's the cremecicle cake? Sounds interesting...guess I'm going to need to get a copy of that book some day.

The cookie layer was being discussed a couple of days ago in another thread. Basically you bake a cookie the same size as the cake you're doing and layer in the middle - mine will be cake, buttercreme, cookie, buttercreme, cake - hope it's good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%