Please Help! Should I Freeze Nfsc Dough Or Freeze Cookies?

Baking By tanglewoodnc Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 4:04pm by grannys3angels

tanglewoodnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanglewoodnc Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:26am
post #1 of 5

I have my first order due next Friday, but have surgery this Friday. I know I will be unable to work on the cookies for a few days, so I'd rather get some of the work out of the way tomorrow and Thursday.

Is it better to freeze the NFSC dough or freeze the NFSC cookies (without icing)? Or should I refrigerate the dough? Or refrigerate the cookies? I want them to taste as fresh as possible when I decorate them and deliver them next week.

Thanks for any help and suggestions! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:02am
post #2 of 5

I would just freeze the cookies but I am pretty sure some people freeze the dough too. I wouldn't leave the dough in the fridge for more than a day, maybe that's just me!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:49am
post #3 of 5

I would freeze the baked cookies, simply because you are not sure how you are going to feel just a week after surgery, and regardless, you will be SO glad that you have as much done as possible ... like they are already baked and all you have to do is pull them out of the freezer and decorate them.

I made some for my nephew's graduation a week prior. I was very anxious to see how they tasted since it was my first frozen-backed-cookie experiment. They tasted as good as day one!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 5

Banba, I'm glad I saw your post. I made a batch of cookie dough on Sunday, and only baked a few, meant to bake them that evening, but still haven't, the dough is in my fridge, was going to finish them up tonight. I should throw it out?
Thanks
Shiney

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with IndyDebi. I did these cookies for my grand daughter'd birthday party (two yrs. ago) for the kids to decorate. I bake them, then put in the freezer up to 3 weeks, I put them in the double ziplock freezer bag, so they wouldn't get freezer burn, and they tasted great. With so much to do for her party, the cake, decorations, games and food...it was wonderful not to have to worry about doing the cookies.

I have the Raynolds Vacum Sealer now, and if I ever have to do them again, this will be prefect for freezing them in...this has been a wonderful little tool for lot of my baking and caking needs icon_biggrin.gif .

Sorry to hear you have to have surgery, I pray and wish you a fast, speedy, and healthy recovery.

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%