14" Mudcake How Do You Put

Decorating By Briarview Updated 2 Nov 2008 , 6:02pm by Briarview

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 5:30am
post #1 of 4

the top layer on the bottom layer once you have placed the filling on. I have just had a disaster trying to place the top on. The cake is very soft and it broke into several pieces. I do have a cake lifter but that did not work and then I thought of a large mat but it just grabbed to the filling. I now need to make another layer and this layer is now to be made into truffles. I have made a few just to see if it is suitable and the rest is going into the freezer so all is not lost. Can anyone help please please!!!!! My husband has just come to me and suggested to baked another, freeze it and place on the bottom layer. That could work. Is he a gem?

3 replies
banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 10:42am
post #2 of 4

I usually just put the layer onto the cakeboard circle and then slide it from that onto the cake.

Empty the cake layer from the tin onto the cake circle and then bung it in the freezer for a while 20/30min and then it should just slide off onto the cake.

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:41am
post #3 of 4

sorry, a side question, what is your mudcake recipe? i have been intrigued by it and was wanting to make one, but having trouble finding a recipe. any suggestions?

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 4

I use the Bakels mix which you can buy here in 15KG lots. The only cake recipe I see is the MIssissippi Mudcake but don't think that would be okay for a mudcake. Sorry for some reason this was in my spam folder so that is why I haven't answered earlier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%