Need Ideas For "life Is Good" Cake

Decorating By cakedesigner59 Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 12:24am by cakedesigner59

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 5

A friend of ours went thru a horrific medical problem last year, and feels extremely blessed for every day she lives. She's throwing a party to thank all the support and caregivers she had last year. I'm making the cake. She wants the "Life is Good" logo on it, but does anyone have any other ideas how I can dress it up. The logo is rather plain; I was thinking flowers would look strange with it. Any other ideas for me? (I have an airbrush...)

4 replies
mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:04am
post #2 of 5

I would just do it just like the logo - plain, simple & clean.

Maybe you could dress it up a bit by adding sugar flowers to the board.

Good luck!

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 4:48am
post #3 of 5

Is there anything that your friend lies to do? (fishing, golfing, camping, etc)
If there is a particular thing he/she likes to do then you could incorporate that into your cake!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:26am
post #4 of 5

. . . okay . . . now I feel old and out of the loop . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif . . . I've been saying "life is good" for YEARS . . . and had no idea there was a company out there . . . infact I had been planning on trying to get a fall/halloween cake together with that as the theme . . . anyways . . . I looked them up and there are LOTS of images you could incorporate into your theme/design . . . http://www.lifeisgood.com/category/home-accessories/twill-banners.aspx . . . I had no idea . . . icon_redface.gif

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:24am
post #5 of 5

Thanks, all. I think I will KISS (keep it simple, stupid) and just airbrush the two contrasting colors on the sides of the cake. The logo she wants me to use is the one on the invitation, and it's just "Jake" (the life is good guy), smiling. Pretty boring. But it's what she wants. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%