Can I Freeze This Cake???

Decorating By preciosa225 Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 2:17am by leah_s

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:16am
post #1 of 7

I torted and filled a WASC cake with buttercream for an order for tomorrow but just found out they need a smaller cake (original cake was 12 inches and they now want 10 inch). I would like to save this cake if possible but will it be ok to freeze even though it has buttercream in it? Please help!!!

6 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:05am
post #2 of 7

You should be fine. icon_biggrin.gif

preciosa225 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:12am
post #3 of 7

Thanks. Do you happen to know how long I will be able to freeze it for?

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:17am
post #4 of 7

I would think about 2-3 weeks if it's well wrapped. Lots of plastic wrap and foil. And put a baking soda box in your freezer to trap odors. I've frozen stuff up to a month with no ill effects.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:21am
post #5 of 7

Properly wrapped it will last up to 6 months.
If it is already iced w/b'cream put it into the fzr as is for about 1 hr to harden up, then wrap in plastic wrap, then foil; then put into a cake box which you then place into a plastic bagicon_smile.gif

preciosa225 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:12am
post #6 of 7

Thanks so much for all your help. That is amazing! I never thought you could freeze it that long. I will be sure to wrap, wrap, box and bag. Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:17am
post #7 of 7

You've gotton great advice on freezing. But, frankly, I'd ive them the 12" cake rather than rebake a smaller one. There's expense to rebaking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%