Still Can't Get Creamy Icing In 20 Qt Hobart!!!

Decorating By korkyo Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 1:09pm by indydebi

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:46am
post #1 of 7

If someone can help me out here I would greatly appreciate it.

My icing comes out creamy every once in awhile but mostly it's fluffy.
Quite frankly it's a pian in the A** to ice with.

Is there one posted in the recipes that I can't find?
Anyone care to share a 20 qt batch recipe???

HELP!!

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have 20 qt. recipe but you could adjust sugarshack's recipe for the 5 qt to accomodate a 20 qt. Just multiply everything by 4 and you should be good to go. It comes out very creamy.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 7

After I make a big batch in ny 20qt, I transfer some of it to a smaller bowl and cream it at the slowest speed with the paddle. Works great and gets the air out that the big mixer puts in. Smaller bowl is easier to work out of too.

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 7

I do the same as Leahs. I make it in the 20 qt and then put in my 5 qt KA.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:41am
post #5 of 7

Definately agree w/leahs & deniseicon_smile.gif YOu need to re whip the icing each time you want to use it....about every 20-30 minutes so creaming it in the smaller (4-6 qt) mixer is just perfect.

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 12:13pm
post #6 of 7

I have put the icing in the smaller bowl adn reworked it. That helps a lot but it's just too much work. I know there's a formula out there somewhere.

I could not find Sugarshacks recipe in the files. Can you share it here please? I think I'll try that.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 7

I just make sure I absolutely PULVERIZE the fat (be it crisco or butter) ..... NO little particles visible to the naked eye. I put in the fat, vanilla, milk and dream whip and about 2-3 cups of p.sugar ... pulverize it (it will be silky smooth) then add the remaining 10-15 lbs of sugar a little at a time. I also sift the sugar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%