How To Transfer Something To A Cake

Decorating By TSmith Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 3:14am by kakeladi

TSmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TSmith Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 6

I need help. i have a picture that i need to transfer to a cake. I heard once that you can use pipping gel and trace it on something and then it would transfer it to the cake so you can decorate it. I need to know how to do this by thursday. I need all the help i can get. please tell me asap if you know how to do it. thanks

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:03am
post #2 of 6

The technique you refere to is easy. Just cover the image w/wax paper and trace over the outline(s) of the pic. This can be done w/b'cream OR piping gel. Now turn that paper over onto the cake and lightly run your finger over the lines you created and peel the wax paper off. Start at the top of the pic and roll it down/off the cake. The icing/gel should remain on the cake not on the wax paper.

TSmith Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for your help. I will try that. hopefully it works for me. icon_smile.gif

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 6

Kakeladi is exactly right. That's how I do mine except that I always use Wilton piping gel in the little tubes you can buy for 1/2 price when Hobby Lobby has their big Wilton sale and then I also use a small paint brush instead of my finger to transfer the lines onto the slightly crusted buttercream. Here's one example I've done http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1269901.html

TSmith Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:20am
post #5 of 6

thanks for your help. i have a small container of the pipping gel that i bought will it work good if you put some in a bag with a small tip?? does it need to be colored??

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:14am
post #6 of 6

Certainly it will work if you put it in a small bag w/a very small tip....a #1 or 2 only. Any bigger & you will get too much gel comming outicon_sad.gif It does not *need* to be colored but if you add just the tineiest hint of blue it will be easier to see it when transvered onto a white icing covered cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%