I Need All Your Expert Opinions

Decorating By simplysweet72740 Updated 8 Oct 2008 , 6:16am by xstitcher

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 6

I have to do a beauty and the beast themed baby shower cake. They want the castle, its for 100 poeple, half wht and half choc. I need to figure out how I should execute this and how much I should charge. Thanks

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry I can't help but here's a bump so someone else sees it.

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 1:04am
post #3 of 6

I am far from an expert, but an idea would be to use the wilton castle kit and get the beauty and the beast figurine set from the disney store or local toy store.

I tried to google what the castle looked like and every picture was different. If it was brick I read that some one used tip 12 and piped on dots and smashed them down a little once they crusted for a brick look on a castle. I just did the castle cake with the kit and it was alot of fun.

If you have a Michaels or AcMoore near you they have the coupons for 40% or more off every week.

My castle is in my pictures if you want to look.

Good Luck Shirl

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 6

I wish I could help.. maybe you could PM someone on here like Indydebi or Leahs. I know they are always willing to help! Goodluck with everything!!

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 2:31am
post #5 of 6

ya'all are sweet for trying thanks!!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 6:16am
post #6 of 6

Here is a link with a drawing of the castle (it's the 1st link) and could give you an idea of where to start.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/11007-beauty-beast-castle-drawing-my-proposed-disney-theme-park-now-here.html

I did the same as MrsLev557 and also found different pictures. Perhaps you could look at the drawing and some pics and come up with your own version?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%