How To Use Hallween For Advertising?

Baking By chelley325 Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 12:54pm by alvarezmom

chelley325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelley325 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 9

I am hesitant about passing out cookies w/my business card attached because so many parents (understandably) would be worried about their kid eating something that was made in someone's home. I'm trying to brainstorm ideas - we get a ton of traffic and it seems the perfect opportunity to get my name and business out there, but I'm just not sure how. I'm coming up blank! Suggestions, or things that have worked for you?

8 replies
toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 9

Chelley325? Are you legal and health inspected? Just pass out a copy of your health cert. with your card.

chelley325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelley325 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

Chelley325? Are you legal and health inspected? Just pass out a copy of your health cert. with your card.

I operate under the cottage law in Ohio, so no health certifications or licenses.

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 9

Make up your own flyers & go to your local printing house & print (usally not expensive)
Hand out with candy... Maybe you can put some thanksgiving or x-mas special on there?

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 9

I misunderstood what you were asking-I took it as Halloween time in general, not actual trick or treating-sorry. People are so leary about homemade treats so I agree with passing out a flyer that shows some of your work.

bchristianson17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bchristianson17 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:12am
post #6 of 9

If you want to pass out flyers for Halloween, I would suggest putting photos on there of themed cakes for the upcoming holidays-- thanksgiving, x-mas, new years, valentines day. .

Also, maybe include some kind of "coupon" type thing on there that gives the customers a deal, free delivery (within a certain limit), or free 'something' with a purchase. . i would guess, cookies or cupcakes if you make those also.

Hopefully I helped a lil bit? Good luck with getting your business going!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:05pm
post #7 of 9
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:38pm
post #8 of 9

I think a coupon/flyer would be great! Kids get so much junk anyway.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:54pm
post #9 of 9

Have you thought your work place? OR even at your church? I was just thinking the same thing as you..."How can I get the word out"? I plan on targeting ppl at my work, and my sister's work. I'm going to make a batch of cookies, cupcakes, and other items that I plan on selling for Halloween and emailing that out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%