Cobblestone Effect

Decorating By deb12g Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 2:57am by cylstrial

deb12g Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb12g Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 5

I have a bride who wants a 3-tiered cake, castle theme. Castle is the topper. The picture of the cake shows a path up the tiers, and she wants these to have a cobblestone effect. Any suggestions on how to achieve this effect?

4 replies
rafaella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rafaella Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 5

Hello there,
you can use impression mats with cobblestone design on it, just roll the fondant and press the mat on it and it will have the design you want. Intotheoven has those if you want to check it out or maybe other cake decorating stores.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 5

impression mats are also available at places like Michael's. OR if you really want to, roll small to marble size ball of fondant and flaten them some....not evenly. Just place them side by side, then fill in the spaces w/smaller ones.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 5

if you dont have the mat or want to roll balls of fondant you can take various round objects and press the open end into icing over a piece of plastic wrap. irregular round shapes would be best, perhaps getting a few old tips and squishing them out of shape would work.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:57am
post #5 of 5

I think the mat would be the easist. I just ordered a little brick mat off of ebay. It was a buy it now for under $5, including shipping. Goodluck!!

P.S. There are different sizes of them as well. I got the smaller one.. that's all I needed. I know that www.shopcountrykitchen.com sells the bigger impression mats for $11 + shipping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%