Sharing My Starburst Flowers

Decorating By deijha Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 8:48pm by kakeladi

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone. This cake was for a bridal shower last Saturday. It's a fall themed wedding. I made the flowers from starburst candy. I unwrapped all those little things (pain in the ****) then melted them in the microwave to a play doh consistancy, so I could work with it and then rolled it out like pie dough and cut 30 each (90 total) with a set of fondant cutters. I glued them with a dab of buttercream and put them in an egg carton to get the shape, I did use a flower foam square to curve them first. Everyone really liked them. Just wanted to share them with you all.
Thanks
Jeanne
LL

6 replies
caramelchef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caramelchef Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 7

thanks for posting how you did this! they look fantastic
This is something i always wanted to try but i didnt know where to start

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 7

Did you get any close up pics of these great flowers? I love love love this idea.
This candy is one of my MANY MANY weaknesses!!!

somerset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
somerset Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 7

Wow

I've never seen flowers made from starbust, awesome job thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:38am
post #5 of 7

Great job on the cake and the flowers! How long did it take to dry the candy flowers?

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 7

Hi, thanks for the great comments. I really didn't let them dry. They were mostly dry already, I rolled them out with corn starch. I put them in egg cartons to keep them formed and they did draw a little moisture, but after we put them on the cake (the night before) they were fine (dry) the next day.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 7

Oh, oh.......I was making some this morningicon_smile.gif
Mostly make roses.
But....BUT...........how, **Please** tell me HOW you made the gords??? I need to finish this cake tomorrow......
If y ou could pm me I'd really appreciate it.
Now, don't tell me they are fake......I have NO way of getting any. Must make something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%