Fondant

Decorating By StephBrauer115 Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 7:00pm by JenniferMI

StephBrauer115 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephBrauer115 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if anyone knows a good tasting fondant i can buy already made and ready to use, and if so where can I purchase it from?! Thanks! icon_razz.gif

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to Cake Central. Most of the fondants (except Wilton) taste fine. Satin Ice is a good one. there is alink to Global sugar Art on this site when you can order online. Some cake decorating stores also carry brands other than Wilton.

there are also many recipes for making fondant, that can save you money.

StephBrauer115 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephBrauer115 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:51am
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much JoAnnB! icon_wink.gif I am still trying to figure this site out [insert thinking cap here]. I have only decorated two cakes and would like to be able to decorate just so that I can do so for family and friends and as a hobby. I can bake well, but decorating...well, time will tell! icon_cool.gif I must admit the pics of first time cake decorators....veeery intimidating!!! icon_redface.gif thanks so much for your help!

[Life is uncertain, eat dessert first!!!]

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 4

Personally, I like chocolate fondant. I think it not only tastes better, you can roll it thinner and the dry time is much more than straight from the package fondant. It's stronger, too.

My .02 icon_smile.gif

Jen :-0

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%