Prayer Request

Lounge By Jocmom Updated 11 Dec 2008 , 9:49pm by Daisys_Cakes

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 3:50am
post #61 of 66

Oh Jocmom, thanks for the updates, I'm sure it helps you as well just sometimes to be able to think clearly.

It reminded me of my mother's bypass surgery. She was sent home I saw her sick and I was scared to take care of her. It happened during the holidays and we had to postpone Christmas. I had already decorated so I left everything up during the whole time. Christmas that year was mid January. But what a homecoming it was, so......

I know for your Mom it will be the biggest bash ever.

God Bless

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 12:03am
post #62 of 66

Mom was discharged from the hospital this afternoon. My brother said that they were on their way home and her IV site started to hemmorage. Makes sense - she was on blood thinners to prevent blood clots and she has a history of high blood pressure. They went back to the ER, got her patched up, and are back on the road. I'm spending the night at Mom's tonight, and we're all taking turns stopping in tomorrow. Visiting nurses will be stopping into see her 3 times tomorrow. After that, I'll be on vacation for a week and will be living with Mom.

I hope to be back online soon with more good news! thumbs_up.gif

Jocmom Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:15pm
post #63 of 66

Wow! Where did this week go?

Last Friday morning (4 a.m.) my sister and I took Mom to the ER due to complications from her surgery. Uneventful the rest of the weekend - Mom stayed in bed and I took care of her. Tuesday I took her back to U of M for her appointment to have her surgical staples and exterior stitches removed. The doctor said that all looked well. Here it is - Friday again! I'm home today. My brothers are taking turns taking care of Mom.

I'm going in to the office for a couple hours to work on some month-end projects. I had all of my stuff done, but a coworker went into labor and had her baby 2 months early. I'm trained as her back-up, so I have to cut my "vacation" a little short and cover for her.

Keeping my sanity so far . . . icon_rolleyes.gif

Jocmom Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 11:06pm
post #64 of 66

Tomorrow will be one month since Mom's surgery. I'm pleased to say that she's dressing herself, preparing her own meals, taking care of her dogs, etc., which really frees up my days and nights!

She has another appointment at U of M Hospital this Friday for an abdomen scan and to check her for signs of cancer. I'm on vacation next week and I'll be helping her prepare for Christmas. This is a really good sign - she wasn't in the mood for a Thanksgiving celebration.

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement. thumbs_up.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 1:15am
post #65 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocmom

Tomorrow will be one month since Mom's surgery. I'm pleased to say that she's dressing herself, preparing her own meals, taking care of her dogs, etc.,

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement. thumbs_up.gif

How encouraging! Sooo happy to hear that your family celebration this Christmas will be extra joyful! "Our God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in Glory!".

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 9:49pm
post #66 of 66

I am so happy everything has worked out so well so far. I am praying for you mom as she continues to recover.

God bless!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%