Need Ideas?

Decorating By whittydoodle Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 5:05pm by whittydoodle

whittydoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whittydoodle Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 7

I was approached by a person from my town and she wants me to have a booth at the local fall festival. But i dont' have a clue what to make other then it is a must I make my famous cinnimon rolls. But other then that I don't have a clue. She said I could bring any kind of bake goods I wanted. Does anyone have any good ideas what will sell well at a fall festival/ bake sale? I am pretty stumped! Thanks for reading!

6 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 7

Fall cut out cookies; brownies; cupcakes; breads (banana, pumpkin etc); whole pies; small whole cakes etc....

My church women's group does a bake sale at our fall festival and those are the things that we all make - good luck!!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 7

I love doing these types of festivals. People like stuff they can grab and eat while walking around so anything like, caramel apples, cookies, cupcakes, fudge, mini breads (pumpkin, cranberry, apple)chocolate lolipops, etc.

HTH Have fun thumbs_up.gif

whittydoodle Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:36am
post #4 of 7

thanks that helps does anyone have any really great recipes for this stuff? I would love to hear/see them! thanks again

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 7

Cake balls on a stick? I made these and got the instructions from bakerella.com FUN AND EASY!!!! Here's my pic of the one's I did. I put each one in a treat bag and wrapped them with ribbon.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1265588.html

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 12:34am
post #6 of 7

Marshmallows on a stick. Spear a lg marshmallow on a sucker stick; dip in melted chocolate; allow to set up. You can roll them in finely chopped nuts; sprinkle w/any kind of jimmies you might have around (those mini fall leaves are really cute).
OR you can take the timed to pipe on a face if you dip them in orange melts to make pumpkins.

Get out your mini pans: 1/2 balls; 1/2 eggs; mini doll skirt. Bake up and decorate as pumpkins.
As was mentioned keep it small. Most people won't want a full 10"x4" cake. Make six 6" rounds; torte them so you have 12 rounds; stack 3 per cake (w/2 layers of filling). Great size for small families.

whittydoodle Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 7

I love all the ideas!~ But now my questions is what should I charge, it would be awesome to make a profit! So here is my menu so far.
Cinnamon rolls which at big ole things like cinnabon makes.
Fudge
sugar cookies on a stick mainly leaves I think.
cupcake pops those are soo cute and delicious!
And carmel apple mix, like chex mix but with apple jacks and popcorn and peanuts people go crazy for it, it is one of those things you start eating and can't quit!
Anysuggestions on pricing would be wonderful!!!~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%