Freezing Nfsc With Mmf Or Satin Ice

Baking By spunkybear Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 1:57pm by linedancer

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:00am
post #1 of 4

I am so trying to get ahead of the game for a VERY stressful upcoming couple of weeks. For an October 3rd wedding I have my 1st "PAID for" cookie order of 150 4" wedding cake cookies. The plan is: NFSC (is there any other??) covered in fondant with RI detail work and various tiny GP flowers. They will also be bagged and tagged with frilly stuff.
Soooo here is my question (s).
I would like to get them all thru the baked and fondant covered stage, as the fondant will go on right out of the oven. I have never froze them in this stage. So which fondant will freeze better, that is IF I can do this, and is there a difference? I use both MMF and Satin Ice equally.
2nd question, what is the best process for thawing? On the counter, in the fridge, in the plastic wrap/container?

Ok, did I mention I am dealing with bridezilla?????? Her whole order is huge and I stand to make a nice penny. 5 tier dummy cake, cutting cake, 5 different kitchen cakes, 2 rehersal cakes for the day ahead, grooms cake and these 150 favor cookies!!! Oh and there is that small issue of my husband working for her??? No pressure here icon_cry.gif

Help me here all you cookie experts!!!!

3 replies
Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:10am
post #2 of 4

OMGoodness that is a big order. I have only tried freezing MMF once and it was so tacky when I took it out. I can't imagine how it would be wrapped or put away without sticking. I hope someone can chime in with a brilliant idea as to how to do this. Good luck and congrats on nailing this order. icon_smile.gif

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:18am
post #3 of 4

I remember a thread about this...try searching with those words?? I am not very good at the search thing, but I do know there was somebody that did freeze the cookies weeks, or a week or so in advance.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Congratulations on the order, and good luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 4

I freeze cookies decorated with MMF all the time. I usually completely decorate, dry, and bag them, then put in airtight plastic containers and freeze them.. To defrost, I just put them on the counter in the container until thawed. Have never had them become tacky or run. They also travel well after being thawed. The latest trip was from MI to OH, about 4 hrs, but have brought them from FL to OH. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%