Let's Do A Christmas Cookie Recipe Exchange Ii

Baking By playingwithsugar Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 8:33pm by bobwonderbuns

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:00pm
post #91 of 302

I hope if anyone has an awesome gingerbread cookie recipe they will please please post it?
I have yet to find one Im happy with that doesent get overly dark in color and holds its shape real well and of course is just delicious ! Yes I know I want it ALL ! So do all of you Im sure .LOL!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:13pm
post #92 of 302

I second that one fiddle! I want a really good tried-n-true gingerbread that's also good for making houses! thumbs_up.gif

You know, they have these ginger cookies, (only at the holidays, and not at every location) that are simply amazing, and I hesitate to tell you where. It's the place we love to shop for everything else, but tend to run down their bakery... you know... the "W" word. Yah... Super W... you know what I'm saying. They are so good. I am not kidding!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:21pm
post #93 of 302

icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif
Well I guess they cant be good in every dept !
Yep that bakery is pretty sorry !
But I love the candy dept ! icon_wink.gif
Ok ,shower us in gingerbread Please! please ! icon_biggrin.gif

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:44pm
post #94 of 302

I love this thread. I will post mine when I get home tonight. Can't wait to try some of these icon_razz.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:55pm
post #95 of 302

kaka.. Oh I hope its gingerbread ???? icon_smile.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:03pm
post #96 of 302

here's some more!

Hidden Treasures

Ingredients
1 cup butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon butter flavor
(or 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla)
2 1/2 cups flour
60 hershey kisses

Directions
1. cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. add egg and flavorings and blend well.
3. blend in flour.
4. cover and chill dough for 45 minutes.
6. preheat oven to 400*F.
5. spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of dough and roll into a disc in your hands.
6. place kiss in the middle of the disc and fold the dough over until the whole candy is covered.
7. place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Cool on wire rack.

Cream Cheese Cake Cookies

Ingredients
¼ cup butter softened
1 8oz cream cheese softened
1 egg yolk
¼ tsp vanilla
1 box cake mix (i usually use confetti/funfetti cake mix, but i've used chocolate too)

Directions
1. cream butter & cream cheese
2. add yolk & vanilla
3. add cake mix 1/3 of package at a time, mixing well after each time
4. cover and chill for 30 minutes
5. preheat oven to 375°
6. drop by tsp onto ungreased cookie sheet
7. bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown
8. cool slightly before removing

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:17pm
post #97 of 302

wait!! i have more!! thumbs_up.gif

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 cups quick oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
1. Beat shortening, sugar, egg, vanilla and bananas well.
2. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Stir in oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake 10 minutes at 400F. Cool on wire rack.

Shortbread

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup butter - softened
1 tsp vanilla
4 tablespoons granulated sugar

Directions
1. preheat oven to 350*F (175*C)
2. in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and confectioners sugar. mix in butter and vanilla and mix until a stiff dough forms.
3. spread dough into an 8" round cake pan and prick with a fork. sprinkle granulated sugar over the top.
4. bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. cut into wedges while still warm. cool on wire rack.

tamrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamrick Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:58pm
post #98 of 302

Jmtreu98

Thanks for the links to Northpole.com. My daughter loved it, and I am sure we will use it alot in the months to come, lol icon_lol.gif

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:37am
post #99 of 302

plbennett_8~Thanks for the recipe. I DO remember those and I LOVE THEM!!! Can't wait to get back to the states and make them!!!

Ok, here's an EASY recipe for p-nut butter cookies. My GodMother gave this to me and I'm sure she'd be glad to share...

P-NUT BUTTER COOKIES

2c P-Nut Butter
2c Sugar
2 eggs

Mix together, make balls, dip in sugar, press with fork for pretty, bake at @ 325 for about 8 min. ENJOY!

Thanks for starting this AWESOME post and to Mel and Fiddle for updating the google docs, haven't checked it out yet but I will for sure!!! icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:42am
post #100 of 302

krystyne_wilson.. I make those they are wonderful !
I cant take credit for any updates,Thats all Mel !
Thanks Mel!!
I Just added a link to my signature so everyone can get all the recipes !

Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:09am
post #101 of 302

File updated

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:48am
post #102 of 302

I found this one online and I really like them. I use this recipe for cookies, I never tried to make a gingerbread house with them. They come out really soft. I use a different recipe for the house, but I'm still looking for it =)

Gingerbread Cookies

3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cubed and slightly soft
3/4 cup molasses
2 tbsp milk

In food processor:
Use the blade attachment, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, and baking soda until combined(8-10 seconds). Add butter pieces over flour mixture and mix until it is sandy and resembles very fine corn meal(12-15 seconds). With machine running, gradually add molasses and milk, mix until dough is evenly moistened and forms a soft ball(10 seconds).

In Stand mixer:
Use the paddle attachment, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, and baking soda at low speed until combined,(30 seconds). Stop mixer, add butter pieces. Mix on med/low speed until it is sandy and resembles fine corn meal, (1 1/2 minutes). Turn mixer to low and, with mixer running, slowly add molasses and milk. Mix until dough is evenly moistened, (20 seconds). Increase speed to medium and mix until thoroughly combined, (10 seconds).

Divide dough in half. Working with one portion of dough at a time, roll 1/4-inch thick between two large sheets of parchment paper. Leaving dough sandwiched between parchment layers, stack on cookie sheet and freeze until firm(15 to 20 minutes). Or you can put dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
Adjust oven racks to upper- and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Remove one cookie sheet from freezer, place on work surface. Peel off top parchment sheet and gently set it back on top of the dough. Flip dough over and peel off and throw away the other piece of parchment. Cut the cookies into any shape you want and set on the cookie sheet 3/4 inch apart. Bake cookies until set in centers and dough barely retains imprint when touched very gently with fingertip(8 to 11 minutes) rotating cookie sheets front to back and switching positions top to bottom halfway through baking time. Do not over bake. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes, then remove with wide metal spatula to wire rack, cool to room temperature.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:00am
post #103 of 302

OK ladies, and gentlemen...
After a horrendous day... Short version, it's raining cats and dogs, I get a flat, CANADIAN TIRE said it would be ONE HOUR to change it (I didn't even want it FIXED, JUST CHANGED!!!) with my 10 yr old and 19 mth old in the car... I started to fix it myself because my DUMBA$$ husband tapedshut.gif isn't answering his PHONE because he's sick (insert baby voice here), so my DAD came to rescue me and an hour later and soaking wet my tire was changed. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_evil.gif

So now I have a 50th wedding anniversary cake in my oven, chocolate ganache on the counter and a pretty bow drying and a rum and coke to get me over the hump. Oh, and I decorated a sugar cookie house this am. So I'm feeling VERY accomplished!!!

Now that you have read thru that, I will give you my 2 faves...

Big Soft Ginger Cookies (YUMM-O!!!)

3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup flour
+ 1/4 cup sugar to roll in (the cookies, not you, silly!)

Make into balls, roll in sugar, pat down flat on parchment paper cookie sheet.

350 for 10 min.

GingerBread House Dough

1 cup shortening (I still prefer butter)
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup molasses
5 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp each: baking soda, salt (if you've used shortening or unsalted butter), ground cloves and cinnamon

Wet and dry into separate bowls. Add dry in 3 parts. You will need to use your hands at the end.

Break into 3 separate disks, wrap in plastic and refridgerate for at least 1 hour before you use. Use within 2 days.

This is seriously my FAVE for houses and people. We actually decorated our tree one year with little dudes. It was SO cute!!!
Enjoy!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:07am
post #104 of 302

Thanks for posting the gingerbread recipes !

Melvira Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:32am
post #105 of 302

You know, I have so many complicated recipes, but every once in a while, I have some nice, easy ones that are really good! Like this one... painfully simple, but they are really good!!

Title: ChocoCheese Pinwheels

Ingredients List:

2 sheets (17.25-oz pkg) frozen puff pastry, thawed
8 oz cream cheese, softened (any flavor)
3 T. sugar
1 pkg Nestle Morsels (any flavor)

Preheat Oven: 375°

Directions: Thaw pastry per package instructions. Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll out to make 14 x 10-inch rectangle. Combine cream cheese and sugar in small bowl until smooth. Spread half cream cheese mixture over puff pastry, leaving 1-inch border on one long side. Sprinkle with half of the morsels. Roll up starting at long side covered with cream cheese. Seal end by moistening with water. Repeat steps with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for 1 hour. CUT rolls crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices. Place cut-side-down on prepared baking sheets. BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Try mixing flavors for fun combos!! Raspberry cream cheese and those choco/rasp swirl chips for instance. Or... stir a little peanut butter into your cream cheese and sprinkle with PB chips! Or, MINT! Yum! Stir the cream cheese with a dash of mint flavoring, then add mint chips (or the chopped up Andes mints you can get... those rule!)

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:37pm
post #106 of 302

This is the recipe I use for my gingerbread & it's ideal for cookie cutters/decorating & gingerbread houses as this cookie has the perfect taste & is a hard cookie...

3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 pkg. (6-serving size) JELL-O Butterscotch Cooked Pudding and Pie Filling
1 egg
2-1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. ground ginger
1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

BEAT butter, sugar and dry pudding mix in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until
light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until well blended. Combine remaining ingredients. Gradually add
to pudding mixture, beating well after each addition; cover. Refrigerate 1 hour or until dough is
firm.
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place dough on lightly floured surface; roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
Cut into gingerbread shapes using 3- to 4-inch cookie cutter, rerolling dough scraps as
necessary. Place, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets.
BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets to wire
racks; cool completely. Decorate as desired.

I found this recipe on the Kraftcanada website... Now I'm just looking for a recipe for soft gingerbread as I prefer soft cookies.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Melvira Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:55pm
post #107 of 302

Oh man, I went to WalMart yesterday and they had the ginger cookies I was talking about... I bought some, all excited... either these were not the same thing, or the location I went to sucks. They were not as good as before. icon_cry.gif

deej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deej Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:38pm
post #108 of 302

My family demands these cookies at Christmas. I found this recipe in an old Woman's Day (I think) magazine in my grandmother's attic about 25 years ago. The magazine was from 1955. I will post the original frosting that was in the magazine and the frosting that I use (without raw eggs).

Almond Orange-Peel Cookies
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour (sifted)
1 cup butter
2 eggs
4 Tablespoons cream
grated rind of 1 orange (fine)
1 teaspoon almond flavoring
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix dry ingredients as you would mix pie crust with the shortening. Beat eggs and cream together; add to dry ingredients. Add grated orange rind and mix well. Add almond and vanilla. Mix lightly and roll dough thin on lightly floured board. Cut out with favorite cutters. Place cookies on lightly greased cookie pan. Bake 10 minutes at 350°F.

Original Frosting (from 1955 magazine)
2 egg whites
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
2 Tablespoons water

Mix with electric beater till frosting stands in peaks. For a stiffer frosting, add a bit more sugar.

My Frosting
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
4 Tablespoons soft butter
6 - 7 teaspoons milk

Mix first 3 ingredients with enough milk until you reach a spreading consistency.

Melvira Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:01pm
post #109 of 302

File updated.

deej those sound good! thumbs_up.gif

deej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deej Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:27pm
post #110 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

File updated.

deej those sound good! thumbs_up.gif

Oh they ARE good, Mel! I only make them once a year because I eat so many of them ( I hide a stash for myself). The recipe makes about 6 dozen regular size cookies.

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:49pm
post #111 of 302

I just LOVE all these great recipes everyone's sharing! Here's one of my favorites- it's long and lots of steps I know, but SO worth it!!

Cherry Bon Bons
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 C butter
2 C sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 C flour
Chocolate Fudge Filling (recipe follows)
4 jars (or gallon size from Costco) maraschino cherries
White Chocolate for drizzling

Preheat oven to 350. Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in lrg. bowl until butter is melted (approx. 2 min). Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir sugar into melted chocolate mixture. Mix in eggs & vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour. Fill mini muffin cups (paper lined or greased- liners do work better) 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20 min or until done- DO NOT OVERBAKE!! Cool slightly then make 1/2 inch indentation into top of each brownie (use end of wooden spoon or other kitchen gadget). Remove from pans and cool completely on rack. Prepare chocolate fudge filling. Drain cherries and let stand on paper towels to dry. Pipe about 1 tsp filling into indentation of each brownie. Gently press cherry into filling. Drizzle with melted white chocolate.

Chocolate Fudge Filling
3 oz softened cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C light corn syrup
3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 C powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Slowly pour in corn syrup, beating until well blended. Add chocolate; beat until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar beating until well blended and smooth. (Adjust the powdered sugar as needed so the filling isn't too stiff).

Seriously worth the time!!! These also freeze well- just put in airtight container!

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:56pm
post #112 of 302

mbpbrighteyes ..Thats one I will try ! Lots of steps or not ! Sounds delish !

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:21pm
post #113 of 302

Ok, mbpbrighteyes, you are on my LIST!!! I just got fatter READING your recipe!!! UGH!!!

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 12:00am
post #114 of 302

Yeah... they are so yummy!! Don't even want to think about how many of them I've eaten (do I have to count the ones directly from the freezer??)!! Also- forgot to put in the recipe that I use the cherries WITH stems... makes them look even prettier!! icon_wink.gif

Omphale237 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omphale237 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 12:31am
post #115 of 302

Every year I bake a variety of cookies to give to friends and family. Over the years I have tried many cookie recipes and the one that everyone looks for first when they open the container are these chocolate chip cookies. I know everyone has "the best chocolate chip cookie recipe" but these are really different. The texture is very light and unlike any other cookie. VERY YUMMY!! (This is an old family recipe.)

1 cup Fleishmans margarine (it has to be Fleishmans or it wont work!)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
Choc chips

Beat the sugar and margarine on high for 10 minutes.

In a separate bowl combine vinegar and baking soda.

Add to bowl, AFTER beating sugar and margarine. Add Flour, vanilla, and Choc chips (1/2-1 bag).

Drop onto cookie sheets (i like to use parchment paper).

Bake at 275 degrees for 30 minutes. (low heat and Fleishman's margarine is key!)

Do not over bake, these do not look brown when done.

I hope you all will try this recipe and love it as much as I do! BTW I always make at least a double batch. They are very popular.

Amy

Melvira Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 12:38am
post #116 of 302

Oooh, these new recipes look good! Man, Christmas cookie trays are gonna ROCK this year!!

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 12:44am
post #117 of 302

Oh.. I cant wait to start my Holiday baking !!! The house is going to smell extra special trying so many new recipes this year !

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:00pm
post #118 of 302

Brighteyes---these cookies sound just fabulous and will be a first pick for fundraisers this year. Do you freeze them completely finished with the cherry on top and it doesn't get mushy???

Here is a real quicky but very good.

Espresso Brownie Bites

Use your favorite "from scratch" or boxed brownie mix. Add 1 tsp. espresso powder to the mix. Use the pretty foil mini cupcake liners and fill with 1 rounded Tbs. of batter. Bake until tested done with a toothpick--mixes will vary somewhat. Make your favorite ganache and swirl on top when they are cool. Top with chocolate coffee bean. I do not care for crunching on a real coffee bean, so I buy the solid chocolate looking coffee beans at my cake supply house.

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:05pm
post #119 of 302

Sounds great Lily..

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:40pm
post #120 of 302

I have been making these for last four years along with 15 other cookies for Christmas. They are very good.

White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies

Makes estimated 24 cookies:
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon brandy
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped dried cranberries*

Makes estimated 48 cookies:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 egg
2 tablespoons brandy
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
2 cups dried cranberries*

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and brandy. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

*** Dried cranberries soak in hot water for 10 minutes and then chop.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/White-Chocolate-and-Cranberry-Cookies/Detail.aspx

here is another that I bake at Christmas:

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS: makes 48 servings
⢠ 1 cup butter, softened
⢠ 1 ½ cups white sugar
⢠ 2 eggs
⢠ 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
⢠ 2 cups all-purpose flour
⢠ 2/3 cup cocoa powder
⢠ Â¾ teaspoon baking soda
⢠ Â¼ teaspoon salt
⢠ 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
⢠ Â½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)

INGREDIENTS: makes 96 servings
⢠ 2 cups butter, softened
⢠ 3 cups white sugar
⢠ 4 eggs
⢠ 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⢠ 4 cups all-purpose flour
⢠ 1-1/3 cups cocoa powder
⢠ 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
⢠ 1/2 teaspoon salt
⢠ 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
⢠ 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2)  In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3)  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

www.allrecipes.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%