Let's Do A Christmas Cookie Recipe Exchange Ii

Baking By playingwithsugar Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 8:33pm by bobwonderbuns

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:24am
post #61 of 302

I'm not evil, I'm a Scorpio.

And BTW -

You have a birthday coming, so I'm sending my Happy B now, before that Youngs-heimers hits again.

Big Birthday Hug -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:39am
post #62 of 302

Aw, thank you!! I can't believe it's that time already. Monday is my seventh anni w/hubby and I am expecting diamonds. I told him it's the only cure for the seven year itch. icon_twisted.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:47am
post #63 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

I'll start, adding the recipe at the bottom. I made these a couple of weeks ago, right after I got the recipe off the net. The hardest part of making them was finding the dried cherries. I bought mine from

Makes about 4 dozen.

Hey Theresa,
I have a question about this... I haven't read the whole thread. I kind of thought about it, but now I have some time, so I WILL post a recipe, if it's not here already, BUT... For your recipe, can you just use the dried cherries that you get in the bag from Cost-co??? Kind of like the dried cranberries, but cherries???

Thanks so much!

playingwithsugar Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:13am
post #64 of 302

Yeah, I guess.

Be careful with dried cherries, though, because some companies sell dried cherries which are flavored like raspberries. Read the label carefully.

I wish they would build a Costco near me. The closest one is about an hour away, and is the savings do not justify the gas expenditure. I have heard from others, who are more adventurous than I, that their club store has way more merchandise than BJ's or Sam's Club.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:14am
post #65 of 302

Ok, don't know how many of you will remember these, or if they were just in the schools down here. I don't remember where I got these...

Peanut Butter Chewies

This recipe came from someone whose mother worked in a school cafeteria. These are the peanut butter bars you may remember from your childhood.

3 cups sugar
1-cup brown sugar
1 T vanilla
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups Peanut butter
1/2-pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
3 cups flour
1 T baking powder
1 t salt

Mix sugars, vanilla, and melted butter. Add eggs and peanut butter. Mix well. In separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add slowly to the peanut butter mixture (may be too thick for electric mixer). Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. (For thinner bars, may be made in 3 9-inch square pans) Bake at 350 until the batter rises (about 15-20 minutes). Pull the pan out of the oven so that batter falls, then return to the oven until done (approximately 30-35 minutes total). (Can easily be reduced to 1/3 recipe.)

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:28am
post #66 of 302

This site is so dangerous! Way to many yummy sounding recipes.Im going to have to really UP my exercise routine I see .I love P.B. Look at all the recipes you can try for your b/day and Anniv Mel !

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:35am
post #67 of 302

I LOVE COOKIES!! icon_lol.gif

I always get so excited for Christmas cookies.

I have some unique recipes. I will have to find them and post them too.

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:45am
post #68 of 302

I never got a chance to post a recipe in the last thread so here is my contribution.
Definitely a classic my mother has passed on & always present at the holidays thumbs_up.gif

Malcortados (Lemon cookies)

4 eggs
1 cup oil
1 ½ cup of sugar
Rind & juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla or 1 pkg powdered vanilla
All purpose flour about 3 cups maybe a little more, maybe a little less
1 egg yolk
chopped dried fruit or chopped nuts (either choice optional)

Beat eggs & sugar. Add oil & lemon. Mix until incorporated. Add baking powder vanilla & enough flour to form soft dough. Dough should not stick to counter or hands. Add dried fruit or nuts if desired. Cut dough in 3 pieces. Roll each piece to form a log place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each log a little. Run lines along the logs with the back of a fork then beat an egg yolk & cover each log with a bit of egg yolk so they come out nice & golden.
Place in preheated oven 350 for about 15 mins or until the logs are golden. Cut logs diagonally while still hot. Let cool completely.

These are the perfect cookies to have with tea or coffee as they are sort of like a shortbread texture. Personally I prefer them plain without the fruit or nuts, however during christmas it's nice to add the dried friut as the look really pretty if you are adding red & green dried fruit....
Should anyone try this recipe let me know if you liked it thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:45am
post #69 of 302

File updated. Yes, I'm anal. Sorry. icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif I won't always update it after every recipe... just when it's convenient! Hehehe.

Ok, I have a request... that last recipe description about school lunch treats reminded me of it. At our elementary when we were young they sometimes served this treat that just drove us wild!! I'm wondering if anyone else remembers it and has a recipe. I could estimate it I'm sure, but if I can be lazy and get a recipe from someone, heck, why not? Anyway... it was kind of like the haystacks in a way... it was chocolate with raisins, I think peanuts, and maybe some other stuff in it. They were dropped by spoonfuls, not baked or anything.

Someone have it? Did anyone else get them? They were SO good!

Melvira Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:54am
post #70 of 302

Ok, I added that one, but I'm not updating the file again tonight. unless someone posts a recipe icon_rolleyes.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:59am
post #71 of 302

I got this no-bake cookie off a diabetic recipe website. It contains no artificial sweeteners. The nutrition info is included. You could probably exchange chopped nuts for the wheat germ, if desired, but it might change the dietary exchange. It is not TNT, but I will be including it in my cookie assortment for this year.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

FRUIT AND COCONUT BITES
Yield: 5 dozen cookies (1 per serving)

- 2 cups mixed dried fruit or fruit bits
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup wheat germ or crushed reduced-fat granola
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange, or lemon, rind
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crushed granola or toasted coconut

Process dried fruit, raisins, and coconut in food processor
until very finely chopped, using pulse technique, or chop
fruit and raisins very finely by hand. Combine fruit with
remaining ingredients, except granola, mixing until well blended.

Roll fruit mixture into scant 1-inch balls; roll in
granola or coconut. Store in airtight containers.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie):
Calories: 47, Fat: 0.9 g, Saturated Fat: 0.3 g, Sodium: 21 mg,
Protein: 0.8 g, Carbohydrate: 9.2 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit

mommyle Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:16am
post #72 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Anyway... it was kind of like the haystacks in a way... it was chocolate with raisins, I think peanuts, and maybe some other stuff in it. They were dropped by spoonfuls, not baked or anything.

Someone have it? Did anyone else get them? They were SO good!

OMG!!! I totally remember those!!! I have got to call my mom! I think she made the drops that you are talking about!!! She didn't have any left by the time company came, 'cause I ate them all!!!

I'll try to get that for you right quick, but not tonight...

edit to add:
OHOHOHOHOH!!!! I found one that is similar, is this what you are thinking of???

Chocolate Raisin Rum Drops (T&T)
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com June 1, 2001

Yields about 48 mounds, depending on how big you make them

I make these during Christmas to give out as gifts and for office parties. They are goooooood!

3 cups seedless raisins
1 cup light or dark rum
12 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces or
bittersweet chocolate which is what I use
1 tablespoon light corn syrup

Place raisins in a large bowl and add rum cover with plastic wrap. Let raisins soak for 3 hours. Drain raisins by putting in a strainer, do not press. ( you can use the drained liquid for fruit compote or over ice cream).

Combine chocolate pieces and corn syrup in top of double boiler. Place over hot simmering water until chocolate melts and is smooth, stir occasionally, Remove from heat. Fold raisins into melted chocolate, coating well. drop by teaspoonful onto wax or parchment paper.

Chill until firm. Store in refrigerator. When packing for gift giving, layer between two pieces of wax paper to prevent sticking or place into mini-paper liners.

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:22am
post #73 of 302

I just love this thread. let me find my favorites and i will post.. I will keep dreaming of these awesome cookies in my head!! they sound yummy

ebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebear Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 10:52am
post #74 of 302

Haystacks..YUMMY...I've made them with chowmein noodles (those yellow crunchy dried ones) and chocolate and butterscotch chips then you had peanuts.

Not sure of the exact measurements but you melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips add that to the chowmein noodles then throw in some peanuts. Drop by spoonfuls on a baking sheet with parchment and put them in the fridge to harden. I think this recipe could easily be adapted to your tastes etc. They are VERY easy, no bake and taste really good!

I think someone may have posted something similar at the beginning of this thread but I'm not sure...Too many yummy recipes to remember... icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:08pm
post #75 of 302

File updated to include those awesoeme rum treats!! I think those are close, but obviously since it was a school, they probably didn't have any rum in 'em! Hehehehe. If you talk to your mom, post her version, too!!

This is too much fun! I'll have to post another of my faves in a few here.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:39pm
post #76 of 302

These are 2 of my favorite holiday treats! They are both fron food network and I LOVE them. The kids love to help with them too. I've made the almond roca cookies with splenda and they were really good.

Blue Ribbon Almond Roca Cookies
Recipe courtesy Lynn Scully, Rancho Santa Fe, California

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 package toffee bits
1 cup coarsely ground almonds
4 ounces milk chocolate
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend sugars together on medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. At low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and then the toffee bits. Mix until just blended; do not over-mix.

Place ground nuts in a small bowl. Using hands, roll balls of dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls, then roll in the ground nuts. Place on cookie sheets several inches apart. Bake approximately 22 minutes and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.

Melt the chocolate with the vegetable oil in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and place in freezer or refrigerator until chocolate is firmly set.

Chocolate Chip Ball Surprise
Recipe courtesy Theresa Cannavo, Winsted, Connecticut

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups creamy peanut butter
3 cups confectioners' sugar
3 cups crispy rice cereal, crushed (recommended: Rice Krispies)
1 cup semisweet mini chocolate morsels
2 (12-ounce) packages semisweet chocolate morsels

In a large mixing bowl, using your hand, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, rice cereal and mini chocolate morsels. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto a parchment lined sheet pan in the freezer. In a double boiler, over simmering water, melt semisweet morsels. Stir constantly until melted and smooth. With a fork, dip the frozen balls in melted chocolate. Place on a cool cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for 5 to10 minutes until the chocolate has set. Store the balls in an airtight container at room temperature.

A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.

Melvira Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 8:01pm
post #77 of 302

File updated.

So... anyone have any idea on those chocolate raisin dealies?? I can make them up pretty easily... I'm just trying to remember what all was in them. I think it was raisins and peanuts, maybe marshmallows. You know, I wonder if there was peanut butter mixed into the chocolate. Which makes me think of another of my Xmas faves that is super easy. (need some of those, too!) I could modify this to be like the ones I'm talking about I'm sure!

Title: Crispy Rice Candy

Ingredients List:

2 c. crispy rice cereal
2 c. dry roasted peanuts
2 c. miniature marshmallows
1 c. peanut butter
2 lbs. white chocolate or vanilla coating/discs

Directions: In a large bowl, combine cereal, peanuts, and marshmallows. Stir until evenly mixed. In a microwave-safe bowl, or in a double boiler, warm chocolate and peanut butter until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth. Stir chocolate into cereal mixture. Mixture will be slightly runny. Drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper. Let set until firm, 2 hours. Store in an airtight container.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 8:48pm
post #78 of 302

Mel, is this what you are looking for?
Chocolate PB Crunch Clusters

1 bag of Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 c unsalted peanuts, ruff chop
1 c PB chips
1 1/2 c raisins
2 c Chow mein noodles
1 1/2 c Miniature marshmallows

Melt chips in microwave. Stir until blended. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until all pieces are covered. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper and let set until firm. Makes 2 to 4 dozen cookies.

Melvira Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:15pm
post #79 of 302

Boy if that isn't it, it's close enough!! Sounds yummy!! thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #80 of 302

It's time to take care of our vegan friends.

Here are two:

Italian Chocolate Nut Cookies - vegan

1/2 cup soy margarine
2/3 cup cocoa, unsweetened
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups wholewheat flour
1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
2 tsps. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves or allspice
1 cup finely chopped almonds
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first four ingredients in a pot. Heat
slowly, stirring till the mixture resembles a syrup. Let cool to room
temperature. Combine flour with baking powder and spices. Pour in chocolate
syrup, work into a stiff batter. Add almonds and raisins. Form into balls no
larger than 1-inch, arrange on cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen.

Carob Chip Cookies - vegan

1 cup water
1 cup walnuts (or raw cashews)
1/2 cup dates
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (I used 3/4 cups whole wheat
flour and 1/2 cup unbleached white flour)
1 cup carob chips
1 cup raisins

Whiz first five ingredients in blender. Pour into bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by tablespoon on cookie sheet sprayed lightly with PAM or other cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.

Where's Chutzpah? I bet she's got a few vegan cookie recipes for us.
Oh, Chutzpah?!?!? icon_cool.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:10am
post #81 of 302

Peanut Butter Drops

1C Corn syrup
1C Sugar
2C Peanut Butter
4C Rice Krispies
Mix syrup and sugar in sauce pan, boil 1 min. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter until well blended. Add rice krispies mix well. Drop spoonfulls onto wax paper.
Eat and enjoy!

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:14am
post #82 of 302

Oooooo! I want to play!

Here a few that I am not allowed NOT to make each year:
(if you wanna see a pic of a cookie tray from Christmas past, clicky here http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=770443 )

Peppermint Tea Cakes

1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 c. AP flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 peppermint candies
powdered sugar for coating

Heat oven to 400.
Crush the candies in a blender or food processor. In a large bowl, with a mixer set to medium speed, cream together butter, 1/2c. powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Stir 1/4 cup of the crushed peppermint candy.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-9 minutes or until set, but not brown. Place remaining candy in one small bowl, and additional powdered sugar in another. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet and roll in powdered sugar. Wait 10 minutes, then roll in crushed candies. Roll again, if you want. (I always do 2 coats of each)

Makes around 4 dozen

Cranberry Hootycreeks
SUBMITTED BY: Susan O'Dell at allrecipes.com

Note: recipe is written in a format for making these as Mix-in-a-Jar gifts. I just copy and pasted, cause I'm too lazy to type it out. icon_razz.gif

5/8 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS
Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, in the order listed.

Attach a tag with the following instructions: Cranberry Hootycreeks 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. 2. In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy. Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. 3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks.

Chocolate & Peanut Butter No-Bakes

2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup peanut butter (I prefer creamy, but my Mom likes the chunky)
3 cups quick cooking oats

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute, (start timing when the mixture comes to a full rolling boil) remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Hope they stay on the counter long enough cool. My family eats them as soon as they stop scorching their mouths. icon_rolleyes.gif I'm not entirely sure how many this makes. Sometimes I use the small cookie scoop, sometimes the large. Either way, some mysteriously vanish off the paper before I'm done scooping them out!

Oh! And thanks for putting these and the cupcake recipes on the Google docs! I fell behind on the cupcake thread at around page 40, and was lamenting all the yummy recipes I was missing out in the thousands of pages! icon_biggrin.gif

mommyle Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:28am
post #83 of 302

Ok. So I talked to my Mom. The recipe is REALLY hard. Hold onto your hat!

Melt chocolate.
Mix in raisins to taste.
Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Put in fridge.
Don't eat them all at once or your tummy will hurt.

That's it. Seriously. So Mel, try the rum raisins first and let me know.

Chat later.

playingwithsugar Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:40am
post #84 of 302

Ok, lanibird -

I'll bite - why are you Not allowed to make those cookies? icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:46am
post #85 of 302

I think she is saying shes not allowed NOT TO?
Like my family. I have to make the every yr Holiday favorites ,Its not Christmas without Pb balls. etc !
If I leave out even 1 favorite at any given Holiday ,Boy do I hear about it Its just not Christmas /Thanksgiving with out the all time fav,s !

Melvira Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:07am
post #86 of 302

Hey, I know how that goes. If I show up to Thanksgiving dinner without pumpkin bars they lock the door and won't let me in.

File has been updated!!

playingwithsugar Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:23am
post #87 of 302

Oh, gotcha. Thanks, Fiddle.

I need a nap.

T. icon_smile.gif

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 2:16am
post #88 of 302

thought of a couple more I love...newer recipes...from Chatelaine December 2001

Southern Pecan and Bourbon Bites

prep time..........15 minutes
baking time ........8 - 10 minutes per sheet
Makes 5 1/2 dozen

1 cup/250 ml unsalted butter...room temperature
1 cup/250 ml granulated sugar
2 tbsp/30 ml bourbon(or rum)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups/550 ml all purpose flour
1/2 tsp/2 ml salt
3/4 cup/175 ml finely chopped pecans

preheat oven to 350F.
Beat butter and 1/2 cup(125ml)sugar in large bowl with wooden spoon,till light and fluffy.Beat bourbon and vanilla into butter mixture.
In another bowl,mix flour with salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture till just combined.
Stir in pecans till evenly distributed.
Roll into 1inch balls...place 2inches apart on UNgreased cookie sheets.
Bake in centre of 350F oven till they appear set.about 8-10minutes. Bottoms should be a light golden colour...be careful...they brown quickly.
Rotate baking shets if using more than one sheet at a time.
Remove cookies to a rack,and roll in remaining 1/2 cup of sugar while still warm.Cool cookies completely on rack.
Store in airtight container in a cool place,or refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pineapple - Coconut Pleasers

prep time ............15 minutes
refrigeration time ...1 hour
baking time...........20 -25 minutes per sheet
Makes about 45 cookies

14 oz/398 ml can crushed pineapple
3 cups/750 ml all purpose flour
1/2 tsp/2 ml baking soda
1/2 tsp/2 ml salt
1 cup/250 ml unsalted butter,at room temperature
3/4 cup/175 ml brown sugar
1/4 cup/50 ml granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp/10 ml vanilla
1/4 cup/50 ml each of finely chopped red and green glace cherries
1 1/2 cups/375 ml sweetened shredded coconut (if preferred..toast coconut on baking sheet at 375f for 5-7 minutes till light golden brown)

Place pineapple in sieve set over a bowl,press out as much liquid as possible with the back of a spoon,,,should have about 1 cup /250 ml fruit.
(use juice for something else)
Stir flour with baking soda and salt ,with a fork, in a medium sized bowl.
In a large bowl,using electric mixer or wooden spoon,beat butter till creamy.Gradually beat in brown and granulated sugars,egg,then vanilla,occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
Beat in pineapple on low speed.
Stir in flour mixture 1 cup at a time,using wooden spoon,till just combined.
Stir in cherries and 1 cup/250 ml coconut.
Place remaining coconut on 12 x14sheet of waxed paper
If dough looks wet or is sticky,flour hands and work surface.
Divide dough into 4 equal parts...make 4 balls...roll each ball into 1 1/2 inch x 6 inch log.Roll logs in coconut on waxed paper.
Wrap logs in waxed paper and refrigerate until firm enough to slice(at least an hour)....preferably overnight) Alternatively refrigerate up to 5 days,or freeze up to 1 month.....thaw in refrigerator till sliceable.

Preheat oven to 325F oven.
Slice logs into 1/2 inch rounds..place 2 inches apart on UNgreased baking sheets.
Bake in centre of 325F oven till lightly browned on bottom..about 20-25minutes.
Immediately remove to rack to cool.
Store in airtight container in cool place or refrigerate 1 week...freeze up to 3 months.
icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:25pm
post #89 of 302

playingwithsugar... No Problem !
I call mine a granny moment ! LOL!
Wow Mel Your on the ball with those updates !
And yes anytime starting around Hallowen my family will all give the hints ...You are making this and that this yr RIGHT ? lol!

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:58pm
post #90 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Oh, gotcha. Thanks, Fiddle.

I need a nap.

T. icon_smile.gif

Double negatives when you are tired never make sense. icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

Yeah, if I didn't make those each year, there would be a full-scale mutiny in my house. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%