Need Quick Topper Idea

Decorating By Mom2ANC Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 1:21am by MissyTex

Mom2ANC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom2ANC Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a two tiered cake for pick up in about 24 hours.
8 inch and 6 inch.
I was trying to make gerbera daisies out of fondant and was going to put some on the top, but they are disasterous, so I need to come up with plan B.
The bottom is cream w/ orange and pink stripes and the top tier will now be hot pink w/ orange and cream regular daisies.
I have no idea what to put on top now.
It is for a baby shower.
Pick up is in 24 hours, and it will be raining for the next 24 hours.
I do not think I have time to make a bow or booties out of fondant and have it dry.
Does anyone have any ideas?

I do need to put a message "It's a girl" somewhere on the cake, and I was going to do that on the bottom. Maybe put that on top?

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 3

Well how about drying your fondant item in the oven overnight *with just the light on*?
A fancy shaped plaque w/piped writting & stork for the top would be nice. Dry the plaque in the oven before adding the detailsicon_smile.gif
OR you could make it out of wafer paper OR colorflo......

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:21am
post #3 of 3

How about a fondant baby under a fondant blanket and you can pipe, "it's a girl" on the blanket, or fondant bottle and you can pipe "it's a girl" on the bottle, or a round plaque for the "it's a girl" with a few of your "regular" daisies in a cluster or all the way around the plaque.

What's the problem with your gerberas? Are they that bad? Once I improvised with my daisies when all the petals just broke off from the center. I piped some centers in BC and stuck the petals around to make flowers. It turned out OK.

Would love to see the cake when you're finished!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%