Ashamed

Decorating By sweettoothmom Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 6:56pm by indydebi

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:23pm
post #31 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodthi32

well, personally, I think you must have not been mean and sarcastic enough! Go back an try again!! And leave a mark this time, ok!?

OH ....leave a mark???

I'M SO OFFENDED...I HATE MARKS

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:27pm
post #32 of 93

I need to put sarcasm on my policy like CharmCityCakes:

Can I come to your shop to watch you work?
"We are a very small, very busy shop. Every cake we make is handcrafted to order, and while that makes for some really spectacular cakes, it doesn't leave us with a lot of time for visitors and jibba jabba. So we can't have people stopping in to watch. We do realize that you are special, but we simply do not have the time or resources for visitors.

Also, our evil lawyers have told us it's a no-no to have folks traipsing through here. Would you want a parade of visitors walking through a place you were ordering food from? Didn't think so.

If you ask to visit, we will be forced to say "no" (see above re: evil lawyers) and then we will feel like meanie heads. If you show up anyway, we will not be able to let you come inside and then we'll feel like mega jerk meanie heads. We don't want to let you down and we don't want to feel like mega jerk meanie heads. We are very sorry to be so stern and such, but there are no exceptions to this policy."

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:36pm
post #33 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

btw: i have the amazing ability to stop a thread right in it's tracks! sometimes i feel like i just farted, because all i hear are the crickets chirping after i've posted!!!

starla

I thought I was the only one with those magical powers!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:38pm
post #34 of 93

I can't believe I just read this whole thread - with two more cakes left to do!!

I too seem to be able to either 1. stop a thread cold (which will probably happen to this one now that I've posted a comment), or 2. get zero replies to one I start myself!

I love the sarcasm and wouldn't want the diverse nature of all the comments to ever change. It gives me great perspective, not to mention the tons and tons of stuff I've learned here that no class will ever teach!

P.S. I was BORN in Ft. Hood, Texas. icon_smile.gif

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:48pm
post #35 of 93

Well Hello-

I know what you mean about being misinterpreted through writing. You have know idea how many staff members I have ticked off by just teasing. Some people take life too seriously, it takes the fun out of it.

About me...

I am 28 years old and a loving mother to four children. My second husband and I have been married for almost four years and we have two little boys together (ages 2 and 1). I have two children from a previous marriage (would call it a HUGE mistake, but then I wouldn't have gotten my two children) Their ages are 9 and 7.

After 14 years in the childcare industry (including Directing and opening new centers), I was finally able to stay at home with my children. However, I am not a very good stay at home mom, I need to have something that I do for me! So, about a year ago, I opened my own child care consulting business. I can work from my home mostly and make center visits around my children's and my schedule. I love it!

Recently, (after years of wondering "how'd they do that" icon_eek.gif ) I decided that I wanted to decorate cakes. I haven't really gotten into the buttercream decorating yet, but I have played with MMF. I just ordered Jennifer Duntz's DVD and I am excited to try her fondant. My desire is to at least be able to provide awesome cakes for my family and friends. icon_rolleyes.gif I mean, I have four kids, who can afford all of those fabulous birthday cakes icon_surprised.gif ? I love to bake and cook, in general. I have just finished a b-day cake for my grandma (she's now 79) and this might be her last. I am taking a picture of it, but it has too many flaws to name. But, she will love it anyway icon_biggrin.gif .

As for my favs.. My KIDS, My Husband and CHOCOLATE! My kitchen is RED, too and full of those cute little fat chefs.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to be a more active member of this community.

Mandi

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:48pm
post #36 of 93

I'm really sarcastic and sometimes I think It doesn't come out right through the computer. Sometimes it doesn't come out right face to face either, just ask my sons teacher! I'm 30, gonna be 31 in 2 weeks, I have 5 kids, 11,7,3,1 (on tuesday) and my baby who was born in July who's in heaven. I've been married for 5 1/2 years. I've lived in california all my life. My dad passed away in april. This has been a really hard year for my family so sarcasm has brought us through A LOT. I love baking and decorating. I have so many helpers, so It's pretty fun (most of the time). I love tattoos, music, the beach, even when it's raining. I love my husband, my kids, my family and the sun(It reminds me of my Dad and my youngest son). I feel like I'm writing my profile for an online dating service icon_lol.gif

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:03pm
post #37 of 93

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm.

Unknown Source
http://en.proverbia.net/citastema.asp?tematica=1054

Oh yea! I went looking for something to write!! I'm not witty enough to come up with that on my own!! Well, I am actually, but it'll be 3 days from now when all is forgotten. I hate it when that happens icon_rolleyes.gif

I am going to be 31 on Tuesday. I have been married for 12 years and have one 10 yr old son. Who, btw, is just as sarcastic as his mommy and daddy. Not good..really..when others see it as disrespectful, but he's FUNNY!!
My favorite color is blue, I have a tendency to become depressed when I feel like things are piling up on me, I cry while watching sappy movies or funny ones..or even cute commercials with puppies and babies, I really , really , really want a sports car.. not that I could afford it or even deliver cakes in it..but I just want one. ( 58 vette or 60-ish Cobra).

I opened my own shop a year ago and I find it overwhelming at times and wonder what I was thinking.( not just cakes, but breads, pastries, pies, cookies as well as pizza in the evenings...) I confess that I am my own worst critic and am reluctant to post recent pics bc my work does not compare to the talent I have seen on this site. I am truly amazed when something turns out like I pictured and ecstatic and astonished when it's pretty and yep.. I cry then, too. I should buy stock in Kleenex. icon_wink.gif
I live in a teeny tiny little town near Tallahassee, Fl. I love it here, but I fear I will struggle forever to pay the shop's bills.
Wow. after rereading my post I sound whiny! Crud. I'm posting anyway. Btw, I do that a lot. Type up a post and then not send it.

Btw, it's nice to meet ya.
Ok..that's me. I'm off to find my spine now......

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:12pm
post #38 of 93

I am laughing hysterically as I'm reading these posts. My dog Is twisting his head wondering what that strange cackeling noise is. We can start with him, his name is Lenny, he is blind. I rescued him. He was beaten ( which resulted in a subdural hematoma and a detached retina, hence his blindness), abused and starved, all with the intention of "making" a fighting pitbull.
About me....my name is Jessika ( i notice some of you added your names, others didnt- to me, this is an important one to start with), im 35, my b-day is in october and I was born in TX. At that point someone opted not to go with the whole 'child is for life theme' and gave me away. Which reminds me....if any of you had a baby girl with blonde hair and blue eyes about 35 years ago and they dont join you for Thanksgiving......drop me a note icon_wink.gif . We can start a whole new "are you my mommy?" thread.
Where were we? Oh right, sarcasm!
I was with my ex-husband for 13ish years and that fairytale is now over. I have a degree ( my Masters actually) in criminology and guess what I do now? I work with a Colorectal Dr. that specializes in hemorrhoids. I am the butt of many jokes among my friends.
Moving on... When I was married, I used to bake for everything and anything I could make an excuse for. I never really decorated anything until recently. Now im totally hooked. I am signed up for the Wilton class at Michaels, I start this coming Thurs.
I also bought a book with lots of pics (Hello, Cupcake!)and I think I have done well for my first time.
I forgot who wrote shes a big fan of Paying it forward, but, that is something I feel VERY strongly about.
I may be as sarcastic as sarcastic can be, but I have a kind heart. For any of you who are wincing as you read that sentence; it is not an oxymoron! icon_razz.gif
I am so grateful that I found CC, it hasnt been that long, but it and everyone here has been a tremdous help! thumbs_up.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:19pm
post #39 of 93

Well, since everyone has jumped on this introductory bandwagon, I think I'll join in!

First, I'm married to a self-proclaimed smartass, so sarcasm is second nature to me - I can dish it and I can take it. But I don't do mean. Mean is not fun.

I work full time as a website content manager for a major jewelry manufacturer. I turn 41 on Monday. DH and I will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary on November 11. I have a 24 year old son from a previous relationship. DH and I have two daughters, 11 and 9. DH is an avid cook and BBQ fanatic. We hope to someday own a BBQ restaurant, which would then allow me to bake commercially.

For now I bake cakes and cookies for family, friends, and coworkers who tip generously. I primarily decorate in buttercream, except for my homemade carrot cakes, which are swathed in cream cheese frosting. I recently began coloring it and using it to decorate the cakes, which is quite challenging because it is so soft.

I love photography and have found that combining photography and cake decorating is quite fun. But I take all kinds of pics, which you can explore by clicking on the banner image below.

As fans of pork, we collect pigs, but we are very selective because we don't like clutter. I used to collect rabbits. Now I'm kind of collecting cake stands and cookie cutters.

I'm with all of you who like red. The walls in my kitchen/dining area are red (often used as the backdrop in my photos). Red is the accent color used throughout our home. It is exciting and passionate and stimulates the appetite!

OK, enough about me. Gotta go do some post-Gustav cleanup now!

Welcome to all of you newbies, and hi again to all of those who've been here long before me. icon_biggrin.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:45pm
post #40 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandifrye

My kitchen is RED, too and full of those cute little fat chefs.

Mandi

Ok, I said my kitchen was red FIRST! And I have those little fat guys all over as well! Now let me see......I guess your kids are cute like mine too? icon_lol.gif
Shame on your for copying me, now I'm offended! icon_razz.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:57pm
post #41 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_in_CajunCountry

I'm with all of you who like red. The walls in my kitchen/dining area are red (often used as the backdrop in my photos). Red is the accent color used throughout our home. It is exciting and passionate and stimulates the appetite!

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Stimulates the appetite? Uh-oh, I gotta go paint my kitchen some other color!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:04pm
post #42 of 93

I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but my all-time favorite sarcastic poster is........drumroll..........

Chutzpah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #43 of 93

Yes, chutzpah rocks. She must be busy w/ cakes or something - hope she shows up here soon! icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:36pm
post #44 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but my all-time favorite sarcastic poster is........drumroll..........

Chutzpah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh definitely!!! She is my Laugh-Out-Loud favorite!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #45 of 93

MessyBaker

Quote:
Quote:

Now let me see......I guess your kids are cute like mine too? icon_lol.gif

Ah-hem...sorry to disappoint, but my kitchen is probably redder and MY kids are the cutest! icon_lol.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:24pm
post #46 of 93
Quote:

Chutzpah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, she'll stop by and slap the crap outta us, i can hardly wait... icon_redface.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:36pm
post #47 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

Quote:

Chutzpah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, she'll stop by and slap the crap outta us, i can hardly wait... icon_redface.gif

I KNOW!! I wish she would reply to all of my posts icon_razz.gif

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:43pm
post #48 of 93

What are you apologizing for ? It just shows that you are not a whimp !!!
You are who you are. There's nothing wrong about being yourself. YOu are not commiting a crime by being that way. More power to you. thumbs_up.gif

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:23pm
post #49 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandifrye

My kitchen is RED, too and full of those cute little fat chefs.

My kitchen is red too, but the only cute little fat person in my kitchen is me . . . and sometimes my grand daughter.

And Chutzpah rocks! That woman really does make me laugh out loud.

Arriva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arriva Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:56pm
post #50 of 93

I enjoy sarcasm too. My favorite co-worker is the most sarcastic woman I have ever known -- and we all love her for it.

My name is Rita, I am 48 years old and live in East Texas -- about 10 miles from where I was born. DH and I will be married 8 years on New Year's Eve. The last day of the year seemed to be the perfect wedding day for 2 procrastinators. He has two beautiful grown daughters (the youngest will be 20 next month), and I have a grown son (2icon_cool.gif and daughter (23). One awesome 6 year old grandson. I have worked for the same company for 20 years, and DH worked there for 21 years but he has moved on to greener pastures. I am not very good at cake decorating, but I love it. I study it all the time so I can improve. I have no natural creativitiy -- NONE. I just bought an Americolor airbrush that I haven't even tried yet. I will probably be very successful at make large blobs of color on my cakes. Did that sound sarcastic?[/quote]

sandygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandygirl Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:57pm
post #51 of 93

So let me introduce myself, seeings how I have much in common with you guys. My name is Sandy and I am fixing to turn 29 again (times 4). I am married to a great guy for the past 13 years. We are currently waiting to adopt our first child (3 years and still trying to wait patiently). I manage an outpatient rehab facility/wellness center. I have a degree in accounting. My husband farms (his passion) and works construction.

By nature I am a little standoffish at first until I get to know you and then I let the quips roll. In between the getting to know me and the rolling of the quips I fear I offend some, which is why I am sympathetic to the letter that started this topic.

Truely it is amazing that my hubby and I have any friends seeing how all he talks about is farming and all I talk about is cake... but we have true frineds that hang in there no matter how boring the conversation is to them.

Currently my favorite color is blue, but I am starting to see more value in other colors. My favorite medium to cake in is fondant. I love to hang out with family and friends, I always am the one to bring the cake. I just got an airbursh which I am so excited to try out this weekend. Also I am trying to decide if I should enter a cake in our local fair next week.

BTW my dining room is red. Just now learning that red stimulates the appetite is starting to make things make sense regarding my constant need to buy clothes of a bigger size.

carpet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carpet Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 7:21pm
post #52 of 93

hi everybody i a mother of 6 3 boys 3 girls 17 grandkids marry 38 yrs i work full time i just got into decorating cakes 2 yrs ago and love it i cant wait to come home from work and read whats my friends on c c has to say i just learn how to use the compurter i hope i can call everbody my friends at cc

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 7:42pm
post #53 of 93

Oh my I feel like I know all of you for ages, and I hardly post I just like to read all of yours. Well, my name is Erica, 24 years old, live at home with my parents and my dear children (2yr old chocolate lab and 1 yr old yellow lab). I have a BA in Political Science and am in graduate school to obtain my teaching certificate (HS History). Since I am back in school full time and not working I bake a ton of cakes and play with fondant and gumpaste, I am practically begging for someone to ask me to make a cake. Anyway that is enough about me, pleasure "meeting" all of you and I look forward to some sarcastic cake posts very soon!!

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 7:54pm
post #54 of 93

WOW!!!Lots of BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE here @ CC. I just felt like crying reading all of the post, and that's why this site is here because of all you decorators. Everyone should concider each othe as friends or even family "It's the Passion of cake decorating" that bring's everyone together.
Lot's of "TALENTED" bakers here from beginners to professional.
And I think that if you don't like what you read then move along to another post, anyways thank you all for sharing your talent.
Married almost 22 yrs. I have 1 girl 21yrs. old and a 14 yr. old son, I have 2 grandkids a 2 yr. old and a 8 mth. baby girl. I live in Morrison, CO. Love the snow and prefer the cold over the hot weather. I don't bake as much, I don't really know anyone out her. Well blessings to you all and keep up the talented work that you do.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:02pm
post #55 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

Quote:

Chutzpah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW!! I wish she would reply to all of my posts icon_razz.gif

Waiting for her response is like Christmas Eve, waiting for Santa. She'll probably tell us all to Eff off. icon_lol.gif But somehow, we'll like it.

mandifrye Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:33pm
post #56 of 93

Sorry guys, you are all out numbered, my kitchen color is RED RED and my kids are not just cute, they are adorable. I have a dark-haired brown eyed handsome nine year old, a strawberry-blonde curly q, brown-eyed seven year old little girl, and two (count them two) blonde haired, blue eyed little boys. Now, here's the kicker, no one in our family has blonde hair or blue eyes, (daddy and me are both dark haired and brown eyed) but they both are as blonde as can be and those eyes are so blue you can almost see through them.

I have really enjoyed this meet and greet session!

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:54pm
post #57 of 93

Oh major ooooooooooops! icon_redface.gif I think chutzpah may be on vacation - during a thread a few weeks ago she noticed i'm from Scotland and said she was comin over here in Sept and did i want to meet with her - I actually did want to meet but totally forgot about it - icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Anyway before chutzpah tracks me down and beats me up i'd better join in .
To those of you whose work I have already had the pleasure of plaigirising (sp?) - thank you, for those I've not don't feel left out I'll do it soon!
Sorry, that was meant to say to those of you who have shared your knowledge, thank you, for those who have not - where have you been when I needed you? Yes I too am a sarcasm lover!!!

My name is AnneMarie, I am 35 and a primary teacher. (Believe this or not - In class 2 days ago my kids were doing comprehension work and were asked to describe the word sarcastic, which had been in the story - none of them could come up with a description that did not include some reference to me - they are really great kids who love you to banter with them- i'm not some evil teacher icon_evil.gif )

Anyway, I have been married to my DH Kenny for over 10 years ( he is the second most amazin person I know.) The most amazin person is my 4 year old son Mark, who is just adorable and very precious - we endured 5 and a half years of fertility treatment to get him plus 3 miscarriages so please excuse me bein amazed by my own child. icon_rolleyes.gif After 3 further years of treatment I discovered TODAY that I'm pregnant again. (Please keep your fingers crossed for us and if you are in any way religious say a wee prayer that things go well. ) Anyway for those of you who have not collapsed through boredom with my post...my favourite colour is purple, favourite food is chocolate ( what else?) and we have a gorgeous old German Shepherd called Tasha. I only ever do hobby cakes, in fondant - doing b/c is on my to do list after doing gumpaste flowers.
I love CC and think you guys are the most creative, talented people in cyberspace - hats off to ya!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 9:07pm
post #58 of 93

marksmum....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

mandifrye Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 12:29am
post #59 of 93

Marksmum - HOW EXCITING! Congratulations and I will send up a little word to the big Guy upstairs. Take it easy and don't stress to much. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 12:53am
post #60 of 93

Marksmum, first off congrats to you and your DH! How exciting it must be for you! Consider prayers said!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%