Bettercreme Fun!

Baking By Melvira Updated 28 Oct 2016 , 1:47am by kakebrown

sweetsbakinbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbakinbaker Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 1:38pm
post #1111 of 1317

Can you tell me if Bettercreme is the same product as Pastry Pride. It sounds the same and that is what is quickly available at Smart and Final stores..

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:53pm
post #1112 of 1317

Hi
As far as I know, it its the same. The taste,(according to what I've read) is a little different. I would imagine that is a subjective thing. If its the Whip n Ice, I did try that and it its delicious. Tastes just like whipped cream, but you can't freeze it. It didn't matter much to me, because I iced and filled, and flavored the icing for 100 cupcakes. I did notice that the little bit that was left over in the fridge turned sour. Supposedly you can't freeze the whip n ice because it changes the liquid, and it won't whip up.
HTH
Kathy

WickedStacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedStacey Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 2:09pm
post #1113 of 1317

When you say add pudding, are you talking instant or cook and serve. Do you make the pudding first and then fold it in or do you just put the powder, milk, and unwhipped bettercream together first then whip it?

iluvpeeks Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 3:39pm
post #1114 of 1317

Hi Stacey
To 2 cups of Bettercreme add 1 small package of instant pudding and 1/2 cup of milk. I have also added regular pudding mix and milk, and there really wasn't a difference. HTH
Kathy

WickedStacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedStacey Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 8:04pm
post #1115 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvpeeks

Hi Stacey
To 2 cups of Bettercreme add 1 small package of instant pudding and 1/2 cup of milk. I have also added regular pudding mix and milk, and there really wasn't a difference. HTH
Kathy

Thanks, Kathy!

kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 8:38pm
post #1116 of 1317

I have not read all 75 pages, so somebody might have mentioned it, but you can get the whole line of bettercreme products online from foodservicedirect.com. I don't know how their prices compare though.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 8:55pm
post #1117 of 1317

Heck! I accidentally must've gotten 'unsubscribed' to this thread! WHOOOPS!! Sorry if anyone has asked me a question and I haven't answered, please, if needed, ask again because I don't know how many pages I've missed!! icon_cry.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 10:57pm
post #1118 of 1317

Hi Mel
How are you? Fine I hope. I have been trying to answer some of the questions, but you're the pro. Sorry the notifications stopped.
Happy Halloween!
Kathy

Melvira Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 2:13am
post #1119 of 1317

Hey Kathy!! Doing pretty well, thank you! How's it going on your end?

I certainly don't mean to sound like I'm the only one that can answer questions... I appreciate you doing so, beyond measure! I just didn't want anyone to think I was too big for my britches and not helping out any more! icon_lol.gif

So, if there are any unanswered questions, I'm happy to help, but again, Kathy you are awesome for answering anything you want to! thumbs_up.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 3:00pm
post #1120 of 1317

Hi Mel
You too big for your britches? Are you kidding? The information and help you offer is above and beyond.

Glad you are okay. Been a little down lately, but hanging in there.

Kathy

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:15pm
post #1121 of 1317

Melvira boss!!! I've missed you icon_smile.gif
I do have a couple of questions ...I'm sure we can add coffee flavor to our wonderful Bettercream, right? but...when do we add it? how much? or do you just add coffee till it taste good? powder coffee or brewed coffee?
Ok sorry for all the questions but I just have this urge to make hazelnut cupcakes with coffee flavor bettercream icon_biggrin.gif sounds good huh? thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:28pm
post #1122 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Melvira boss!!! I've missed you icon_smile.gif
I do have a couple of questions ...I'm sure we can add coffee flavor to our wonderful Bettercream, right? but...when do we add it? how much? or do you just add coffee till it taste good? powder coffee or brewed coffee?
Ok sorry for all the questions but I just have this urge to make hazelnut cupcakes with coffee flavor bettercream icon_biggrin.gif sounds good huh? thumbs_up.gif

OMG, I JUST made those last week! A friend of mine is a coffee addict. I made vanilla cake but replaced some of the liquid with Torani hazelnut syrup. That right there should be illegal!!! Then to top and fill, I took espresso powder and dissolved it in a little of the hazelnut syrup. This does require microwaving the syrup, otherwise the crystals won't dissolve. Espresso poweder is a finicky beast! But you could do it the same way with coffee crystals. If you want to do it with actual coffee... make sure you brew it so strong the spoon can't even take it, otherwise you're not going to be able to add enough to really get a strong coffee flavor. You can also use Khalua flavor syrup from Torani, or even actual Khalua. I've done both of those variations and NUMMY!!! But I highly reccommend the little can of espresso powder. It keeps a while, so you've always got that on hand. Good luck, let me know how it turns out!

Kathy, I simply can't accept you being down in the dumps! Not on MY watch Miss Lady Jane!! icon_lol.gif SOLDIER! Drop and give me 20! (Fondant roses) You want the truth, you can't HANDLE the truth! (There are chemicals and additives in almost all food now) Uh...ok... sorry about that. I think I might need to check the levels on my medications. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 5:48pm
post #1123 of 1317

Melviraaaaaaaaa, you are the best my friend!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif 2 thumbs up for being the best teacher(we always learn a lot from you!!) and for having the best sense of humor!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thank youuuuu for the tips and all the info I will certainly make those yummy cupcakes for Thanksgiving and report back to you.

Hugs teacher! icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 8:39pm
post #1124 of 1317

Aw, Rosie2, you are the sweetest! It's always my pleasure to help teach people, because I've learned (and continue to learn) so much from all of you! And I just appreciate that I can use my weirdo sense of humor here and you guys enjoy it! (For the most part!) icon_lol.gif

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:56pm
post #1125 of 1317

I have a cupcake order that is due on Sunday and since I have to work I was going to make the cupcakes and frost them on Saturday for a Sunday am pick up.

At my local Smart and Final I found Pastry Pride in vanilla only and Rich's Bettercream in chocolate only. Being I have never used either product before, I was wondering after the cupcakes are frosted do you suggest keeping the cupcakes in the fridge or is it better to leave them covered in an air tight container.

I usually make my own buttercream and thought I would try the bettercream since everyone is raving about it. When I make my own buttercream I have not had any issues with frosting and leaving out for a night since there is no dairy in my frosting.

Thanks for any advice

K

Melvira Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 10:05pm
post #1126 of 1317

They are absolutely fine at room temp. No problem at all. I actually prefer them that way. thumbs_up.gif

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 11:35pm
post #1127 of 1317

Thanks Melvira, I appreciate your reply and help.

Melvira Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 2:39am
post #1128 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamstor

Thanks Melvira, I appreciate your reply and help.

Absolutely! thumbs_up.gif

luntus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luntus Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:02pm
post #1129 of 1317

I finally found bettercreme. YEAH!! icon_biggrin.gif The lovely bakery manger at my local grocery store sold me a 15lb bucket for $45.00 and promised to order some for me whenever but just give her 3 days lead time. I am sooooooo excited. Sams club has a free pass this month and I called them and the manager said they have some for $19.00 icon_sad.gif I will use the free pass they have this month to stock up, not that I need that much .... but who knows. icon_lol.gif All the same I am happy I finally found bettercreme.
Thanks Melvira. thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:22pm
post #1130 of 1317

Woot, woot luntus!! party.gif

I'm glad to hear it!!

flowergirl1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowergirl1 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:22pm
post #1131 of 1317

just found this thread is there anything in the uk that does the same job or any uk bakers already using this thank you

tinaclarke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinaclarke Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 8:55pm
post #1132 of 1317

I just used vanilla Rich's Buttercreme, but need chocolate, so I melted Hershey's Kisses down and put them in. AWESOME! Thanks for all the great Bettercreme recipes! I never would have done this without your help!

Melvira Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 4:20am
post #1133 of 1317

YUM!!! You had me at 'kisses'! icon_lol.gif

flowergirl, did you ever find anything that would work in the UK? I didn't see that post previously, but couldn't answer it anyway. Sorry! The only thing I can suggest is the 'from scratch' version.

flowergirl1 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 1:37pm
post #1134 of 1317

Hi melvira,so sorry im still finding my way aroundon here,now i have a paper and pen i get lost all the time thank you fir getting back to me I haven`t found anything yet but i will keep on looking thank you you are all very helpful on c/c i know im so grateful for all advice i get bless you x

Melvira Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 6:51pm
post #1135 of 1317

No problem at all. I will repost a link to the Google document that has all the information sort of strained out and easier than reading through this whole thread, because I honestly can't remember WHAT page that recipe is on in this thread! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARCzpgSS_N4TZGdqcXNqamNfNGdtc3E5c2Ro&hl=en

If you follow that link you'll find the 'mock whipped icing' recipe at the bottom of the page. Let us know if you have any questions, or need help, we are all here to help you! thumbs_up.gif

flowergirl1 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 7:17pm
post #1136 of 1317

your a little diamond x

Melvira Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 8:55pm
post #1137 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowergirl1

your a little diamond x

That is so sweet of you to say. icon_redface.gif I'm flattered. Honestly, I always try to be as helpful as I can simply because I know when I have questions, I am very thankful to someone who will answer them. I may not know any more than the next person, (or even as much sometimes!) but I'm willing to tell you what I DO know! Just like so many of the wonderful people here. thumbs_up.gif

twinmomma_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinmomma_1 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 8:36pm
post #1138 of 1317

I've been readiong this thread for the past few days and have made it up to page 41 so far. I'm enjoying everything and learning a lot. Has anything been posted about being able to find Bettercream or any of the other kinds in or around Dallas?

Melvira Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 8:42pm
post #1139 of 1317

Hmmm... not sure... anyone? I know we've got some pals in that area. thumbs_up.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 8:58pm
post #1140 of 1317

If you have a local cake supply place that has refrigeration of any kind, I would ask if they would stock it for you. My local cake supply/party store carries it now because I asked. I used to have to drive 40 min. (one way) to get it. Now I don't have to plan ahead I can run and grab it whenever I want. Now if I can just talk them into keeping 6 tubs of Sam's Club icing on hand at all times LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%