Bettercreme Fun!

Baking By Melvira Updated 28 Oct 2016 , 1:47am by kakebrown

icalise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icalise Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:27am
post #841 of 1317

HI:

This is a great forum. I have only read 3 pages so far. Does anyone know where to buy bettercreme in NY. We don't have Sam's clubs where I live. We have costco and BJ's. icon_smile.gif Thanks!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:24pm
post #842 of 1317

I'm not sure where to look in that area, but hopefully someone will see your plea and help us out!!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:53pm
post #843 of 1317

I'm making a Jack and Coke cake. I made a whiskey cake and I'd like to make the filling with Bettercreme and coke flavor. How would I get the coke flavor in there? Coke is basically sugar with fizz! Any ideas?

Melvira Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 5:35pm
post #844 of 1317

Coke syrup. The stuff that they put in fountain soda machines. It's a thicker syrup that the machine mixes with soda water to make the pop. Check with a restaurant supply store, or make nice with someone who owns a restaurant of any sort that has that machine and offer them some free treats for a cup of the syrup. Dang. Now guess what I'm gonna have to do! Hahaha. Don't forget that at places like WalMart you can now get Dr. Pepper and A&W Syrup in the ice cream aisle!! NUM NUM NUM!

__Martha__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Martha__ Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 9:51pm
post #845 of 1317

Forgive me if this has been asked already - I have been reading this thread a few pages at a time and may have missed something.

I have finally found Bettercreme! YAY!

I know someone had asked earlier about adding jello powder and the answer was that it would be too gritty.

Has anyone tried adding a little bit of boiling water to some jello powder to melt the sugar crystals and then using that liquid to add to the bettercreme?

The reason I ask is that I have a blueberry jello here and a 3 year old grandson who would love blueberry vanilla cupcakes.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 3:04pm
post #846 of 1317

Okay everyone I've updated the recipe links!! Click on the link in my signature and to go page 6 for the updates! icon_lol.gif

beehivebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beehivebaby Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 2:48am
post #847 of 1317

Im probly asking a ? thats already been asked, so sorryicon_smile.gif BUT....is there anything you can do if you overwhip the bettercreme?? I did and I've filled a couple cupcakes and it'll be fine but its very firm!! so I was just wondering if there was something I could do to to it to soften it back up?? thanks...Laura

Melvira Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 3:38am
post #848 of 1317

Absolutely Laura, simply stir in a little more of the liquid and it will soften it right up. Just like whipping cream! thumbs_up.gif

beehivebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beehivebaby Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 4:38am
post #849 of 1317

thanks!! I used frostin pride...didn't have anymore left so its okay they can chew there filling...hehe...it was my first time using it, I used the pudding...its yummy!! I used white chocolate pudding...think I'm going to try banana and lemon next!! and not whip it as much!!! thanks for all the great tips on here!!! I've gotten so much information on here that my son asked me tonight why did I have to be such a great baker!! hehe...if he only knew how easy it was!! (NOT the decorating part!!! I'm still trying to figure that one out!!) thanks again!!!

shaunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaunia Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:26am
post #850 of 1317

Melvira - If you don't mind sharing, where do you purchase the liquid Bettercreme? I'm from the same area and checked Sam's in the QC and they only had the pre-whipped.

BTW - Thanks for all your great tips and flavor ideas! I want to try them all!!

Melvira Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:49am
post #851 of 1317

Well, I used to get it at TPC Cash and Carry but be prepared to be robbed. It's over $6 a quart.

shaunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaunia Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:59am
post #852 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Well, I used to get it at TPC Cash and Carry but be prepared to be robbed. It's over $6 a quart.

That's great! I don't make goodies in bulk so this should work out just fine. Thanks again for all your advise we all appreciate it! icon_smile.gif

CakeyThings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeyThings Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:52pm
post #853 of 1317

Dunno if anyone was wondering.... but I had been lookin for bettercreme in FL and I just found some at Gordon Foodservice Marketplace.....no membership required

http://gfs.know-where.com/gfs/

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:21pm
post #854 of 1317

Ok so this may be WAY old news, but I tried to search it and nothing came up.

In our local grocer's annual calandar, there was an advertisement for bakeries to use bettercreme. In the advertisement they listed four new flavors, two which i'm pretty damn excited about!!

Caramel, mint, cookies and cream (YAY!) and cream cheese (another YAY!).

Anyway, just thought i'd let you all know encase you haven't heard!

Melvira Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:18am
post #855 of 1317

Oh yah! And you know... which one is it... VelveTop!! They have all kinds of flavors as well as sugar free versions!! Woooooooo!!

GrandmaG Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:36pm
post #856 of 1317

This is too funny! I googled Velvetop and this was the first one on the list and then I found the cake topping. icon_lol.gif

http://www.velvetop.com/

Melvira Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:19am
post #857 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaG

This is too funny! I googled Velvetop and this was the first one on the list and then I found the cake topping. icon_lol.gif

http://www.velvetop.com/

Bwahahahahahaha!! That's good stuff! Sorry, it's on the Dawn Foods website. I suppose I should've mentioned that. PLEASE do not spackle your cake with driveway patch. That would SO not be deliciously decadent.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:58am
post #858 of 1317

You can also make your own soda syrups. Take your choice of soda. Let it sit out & go flat, then pour into a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until it begins to thicken. Let it cool & pour into a glass jar & place in the refrigerator. It will thicken as it cools.

Have fun with your flavors ladies!

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 2:53am
post #859 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Gaby ..Does Your area of Florida have A Gordons Food Service ? Thats where I get mine !
I have to tell you guys that I have also used the bettercreme after its whipped in my hot chocolate . I had some left over and I made us hot choc with a big ole ( or 2 )Tbs of bettercreme dropped on top , So delicious.Tonight I just added it to my french vanilla coffee and soooo good. Im not much of a coffee drinker I only get the flavored coffee from the gas station and Its so good in the french vanilla. I drink coffee that really doesent taste to strong like coffee more just like what ever flavor it is. But its sure yummmy in it!

Hello I started to read this thread...I am in page 15 where you put this...I want to thank you for the info, I was so sad because I thought I was not going to find the bettercream until now...that you said to check for GFS...thank you thank you I am going tomorrow to see if they have it!!!! I will let you know thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Cristi-Tutty Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:10am
post #860 of 1317

Hello everyone I just finished reading this great thread...I just want to say thank you

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:05pm
post #861 of 1317

Oh good well I hope you found it !!

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 10:12am
post #862 of 1317

I think I'm going to go crazy trying to find Bettercreme...I tried the Sam's Club and all they gave me was But-R-Creme, I thought all Sam's club has it!

Cristi-Tutty Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 3:23pm
post #863 of 1317

I am so happy that I found bettercream at GFS...I know I have to give it a try...could you please help me with a recipe? I want to make a chocolate cake wich filling will go with it? thank you!!!!!

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:17am
post #864 of 1317

chocolate nearly goes with every flavor possible! My friends love the Cookie n' Cream(Oreo) filling with the chocolate cake...Strawberry mousse...Raspberry filling, gosh I'm too sick to think straight...I guess the other CC members can give you so much more suggestions..

bakesweet06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakesweet06 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:57am
post #865 of 1317

Thank you .... I use it all the time !! icon_biggrin.gif

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:29am
post #866 of 1317

Can I ask what is Bettercream made of if it's non dairy? Is it like cool whip? I hope it's not like cool whip because I can taste the whipped oil and it make me burp and I get to taste it all over again! TMI?..lol..sorry..I am interested in trying Bettercream.

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:43pm
post #867 of 1317

I am sorry if this has been asked but I did not see it....
I can buy the big bucket of pre-whipped vanilla for $23 at Sam's(much cheeper than buying the liquid) , if I add the pudding mix to that will it be gritty? Should I mix it with some warm water/milk first? How about folding in the whipped cream cheese, how does that work.
Thanks for any advise....
Tracy

Found it on page 15, thanks!

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:56pm
post #868 of 1317

...I did not get far as page 18, so maybe my Q would sound odd.
Could I use Bettercreme for or as "image frozen transfer"? I mean use the same technique as I would with FBCT? I am planning to do cupcake cake, frost with Bettercreme, but need image on it as well Would my idea work?

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:54pm
post #869 of 1317

Don't think so Zlatka. I have some in the freezer & it's still smooshable. So it doesn't harden enough. But you never know, someone else may have had luck

GrandmaG Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 5:33pm
post #870 of 1317

Has anyone used melted white chocolate in their Bettercreme? Would this work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%