Bettercreme Fun!

Baking By Melvira Updated 28 Oct 2016 , 1:47am by kakebrown

TSG177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TSG177 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:54pm
post #811 of 1317

Can you buy bettercreme or the Dawn Velvet Top on line anywhere? I would love to try it.

Thanks!

Sandy

emily42897 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emily42897 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:07pm
post #812 of 1317

I made a fall cake this weekend with the Bettercreme frosting. It was the Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake with the cream cheese filling (marshmallow creme and cream cheese). Everyone said it was like the best cake they'd ever had and they were raving about the "frosting." It's hard not to tell them I didn't really make it. But I'll let it be my secret.

(I get mine at GFS).

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:52pm
post #813 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh yah, I use all the Lorann oils! Love 'em. I also have marshmallow flavoring in a large bottle from Torani. Love that stuff!!

What are Lorann oils. I have never heard of them. What are they used for and where do U purchase? TIA

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:05pm
post #814 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Treats_1

Quote:

Oh yah, I use all the Lorann oils! Love 'em. I also have marshmallow flavoring in a large bottle from Torani. Love that stuff!!

What are Lorann oils. I have never heard of them. What are they used for and where do U purchase? TIA

Lorann oils are a Godsend! You can visit www.lorannoils.com and see all the flavors! It will BLOW your mind. You can use them to flavor candies, frostings, cakes, anything!! You can easily find some of the most 'basic' flavors at places like WalMart, especially around this time of year. Or, you can find them in craft and cake supply stores, you can even order them online directly from the website I noted above. Try it, you'll like it! Hehehe.

As for buying Bettercreme online, you can only go to the Rich's website and look for a contact name or number of a distributor in your area. Most places will not ship it to you because in liquid form it must remain frozen, and that would cost a fortune to ship. Now, as soon as I say that, someone will prove me wrong and say there is a place that will ship it for super cheap. icon_rolleyes.gif Oh well, I hope someone does cuz I'd love to know! Hahaha.

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:00pm
post #815 of 1317
Quote:

Lorann oils are a Godsend! You can visit www.lorannoils.com and see all the flavors! It will BLOW your mind. You can use them to flavor candies, frostings, cakes, anything!! You can easily find some of the most 'basic' flavors at places like WalMart, especially around this time of year. Or, you can find them in craft and cake supply stores, you can even order them online directly from the website I noted above. Try it, you'll like it! Hehehe.

As for buying Bettercreme online, you can only go to the Rich's website and look for a contact name or number of a distributor in your area. Most places will not ship it to you because in liquid form it must remain frozen, and that would cost a fortune to ship. Now, as soon as I say that, someone will prove me wrong and say there is a place that will ship it for super cheap. icon_rolleyes.gif Oh well, I hope someone does cuz I'd love to know! Hahaha.

Thanks Melvira and U crack me up by the way icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:11pm
post #816 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Treats_1

Thanks Melvira and U crack me up by the way icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Why thank you! That's my job. thumbs_up.gif

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:21pm
post #817 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatuPR

tenleysmommy, you mind sharing which store you bought the velvet top icing? TIA

Sure!I got it at Cake Art party Store in Tucker!

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:04pm
post #818 of 1317

Oh, I been there a few times before. I didn't know they sell frozen stuff lol. Thank you, I will ask for it next visit.

Have you had a chance to try the velvet top? Did you like it?

TSG177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TSG177 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:59pm
post #819 of 1317

Does anyone know where on Long Island, NY to purchase either frosting?

Thanks!

Sandy

tenleysmommy Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:25am
post #820 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatuPR

Oh, I been there a few times before. I didn't know they sell frozen stuff lol. Thank you, I will ask for it next visit.

Have you had a chance to try the velvet top? Did you like it?

No haven't tried it yet.If you go down the aisle with the fondant and butter cream its in a big yellow carton it has Dawn in big letters.They keep it in a freezer in the back.I will let you know when I try it.Guess I should get off my fanny and make some icon_biggrin.gif Darn CC!!!! icon_lol.gif

tenleysmommy Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:15am
post #821 of 1317

Okay,made some!Only made 1/2 a cup,didnt want to waste it icon_biggrin.gif Well no worry about tha!.I whipped it without adding any flavoring and YUM-O(rachael please dont sue me icon_lol.gif )and then went looking for something to add.Reached for the hersheys syup only to find HOT FUDGE BABY!!!This stuff is like eating icecream.

One question though what consistency should it be?I didnt want to overwhip and it was like medium egg white peaks.Is that right?

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:27am
post #822 of 1317

I am so excited! Usually, when someone mentions some product that they use, I cannot find it around here and so many times I have to order things and pay way more than I should. Well, I just found out that I can get Bettercreme in a small town near me and my youngest son works in the same town. I just can't believe it (it doesn't take much to excite me). Just talked to my son and he is going to pick up some tomorrow.

Melvira Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:46am
post #823 of 1317

The consistency is like that of smooth whipped cream. If it starts to look 'clotty' then add a little more of the liquid and stir lightly to 'fix' it. This stuff is the bomb. I think I've said that about a thousand times, so nobody better feel bad for being excited about finding and trying it! I am trying to get my distributor to bring me the sugar free version (Dawns Foods, not Rich's... there isn't a sugar free Bettercreme yet.) so I can make some diabetic desserts. I've been off sugar for so long and I just crave a filled cupcake in the worst way. The good news is that I'm down at least 44 pounds, (WOOO pre-baby weight!) so that's great, but I WANT SWEETS!! AHHHHHH! Hehe. Sorry. I have issues right now.

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:53am
post #824 of 1317
Quote:

I've been off sugar for so long and I just crave a filled cupcake in the worst way. The good news is that I'm down at least 44 pounds, (WOOO pre-baby weight!) so that's great, but I WANT SWEETS!! AHHHHHH! Hehe. Sorry. I have issues right now.

Congarts to U! thumbs_up.gif Why dont U make some cupcakes and make a filling using splenda or sugar free-pudding??? That might help that sweet tooth! I feel for U I live for sweets, anything with "creme" or "chocolate" and Im like a dog panting for a bone! icon_wink.gif

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:34am
post #825 of 1317

Melvira, congratulations on the weight loss. I have been trying to lose at least 30 lbs. but not having much success. I blame it on the fact that Ido daycare. It's just an excuse, I just don't have much willpower and I admire anyone who does.

tenleysmommy Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:00pm
post #826 of 1317

Congrats Mel on the wait loss.I gained 40 lbs with my son and still need to lose 30 of it.But with the introduction to this delicious little treat I dont think its going to happen soon.Yeah!for cold weather and big baggy sweaters!

Melvira Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:22pm
post #827 of 1317

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the moral support. As I'm sure 99% if you know, losing weight can be one of the hardest things on the planet. For me it is even harder. I seriously have some sort of dysfunction that makes it durn near impossible. I won't get into the mundane details, but even on what doctors would consider a starvation diet I can gain weight!! thumbsdown.gif

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:55pm
post #828 of 1317

Weight Watchers Black Bean Brownies
They are low fat, high in fiber and protein These brownies are only 2 pts each. Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 20 servings Time: Baking time varies Points: 2 ww points

1 can (15 oz.) black beans
1 box brownie mix
Open can of beans, drain and rinse well. Put beans back in the can and fill can with water. Put beans and water in blender until smooth. Mix pureed beans with brownie package mix. DO NOT add eggs or oil. Spray baking dish with Pam. Cook brownies according to package directions. Cool and serve.

try these for a diet treat. I just made these last night and they are pretty good. Not decadent, but when you are jonesing for a treat these help.

Melvira Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:42pm
post #829 of 1317

Awesome!! My biggest problem is simple sugars. I have to almost completely cut out sugar. You know, in general a healthy person shouldn't have much more than 35-40 grams of sugar a day, and most people consume that in one meal. I am so insulin resistant that I try to only consume around 15 grams a day. It STINKS but it's the only way I can lose weight.

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 3:11am
post #830 of 1317

Ok, I needed a caramel filling for a "turtle" flavored cake today. So I mixed some dulce de leche (made from sweetened condensed milk) with bettercreme. OMG! It's sinful! I filled the cake and I was so happy there were leftovers because I plan to sit down with the bowl and a big spoon!

I plan to try the malted stawberry flavor for my birthday next week.

Melvira Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 3:52am
post #831 of 1317

Oh yah, I know how good it is using the Hershey's Dulce de Leche syrup, so I am thinking it was even better with your home made!! Ugh, I wish I had some right now!! I adore the strawberry malt... ALMOST as much as the chocolate malt. You can't go wrong... it's ALL good! (unfortunately!!!)

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:40pm
post #832 of 1317

Has anyone tried to make this a crusting icing? Can it be done by adding meringue powder? Thanks

tenleysmommy Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 2:27am
post #833 of 1317

From all I have learned on here the sugar to fat ratio is what makes an icing crust,not meringue powder.I could be wrong though.But no I don't think you could turn this into a crusting icing.Sorry

lepmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepmer Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:52am
post #834 of 1317

I didn't make it through the entire thread, but I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me if Bettercreme is available in Canada? I was going to try my local grocery bakeries and see if they could sell me some, but I wanted to make sure it was available here first.

Michelle icon_smile.gif

tenleysmommy Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 8:54pm
post #835 of 1317

Ok so I made the sinful version and the cream cheese pudding mix came out like a big blob of glue and when I added it to to the whipped mixture it didnt incorporate all the way and let little bits of blob icon_lol.gif in there.Any advice?TIA

Stephanie

sister340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 11:37pm
post #836 of 1317

I asked for Bettercreme at Sam's bakery. They said they have it, in a 20 (or was it 25?) # bucket. They said it's by Rich's and its what they frost their cakes with. Do you think this is what you're describing? I was thinking it was a liquid. Maybe.................but in a bucket? Wonder how long it would last? That's quite a bit for me.
Thanks;
j.

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:15am
post #837 of 1317

Sister340-

What the Sam's is offering IS bettercreme. It comes in both a pre-whipped version (what you would be getting at Sam's) and a liquid version found in cartons at various places. You can use either one to get the results found in this thread.
The only difference will be you will want to gently fold in any flavorings versus stirring in liquids and whipping.

Happy baking!!

sister340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:50am
post #838 of 1317

Thanks! I think I'll get some then. wasn't sure. Any idea how long it will last when refrigerated? Could I use it for the crumb coat under fondant? I can see this saving all kinds of time. Thickening for a dam around fillings. Frosting cookies. Better go read the thread, I'm sure its all in there.
j.

Pagea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pagea Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 4:17am
post #839 of 1317

Thanks for sharing...much appreciated and I can't wait to try some of these. icon_biggrin.gif

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:02am
post #840 of 1317

thank you so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%