post #1 of 7

Here's a recipe for the key lime cake I make:

1 lemon cake mix
1 3oz lime jello mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup key lime juice
4 eggs

My question is - can I add one less egg to make the cake lighter?? When baked, it's a very dense cake. While it's good, it's just VERY thick and dense. I'd like to make it a little lighter, but am unsure what to adjust.
Thanks for any help!!!

6 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 7

Here is the key lime cake recipe I use,
I get raves on this cake. I have to go on what other people say. I don't really care for the taste of any key lime items. I use Comstock canned pie filling for my cakes and a couple of weeks ago I saw key lime pie filling in the Comstock brand I hhttp://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6826-Great-key-lime-cake.htmlaven't used it yet, could be a great addition to the key lime cake.

Jibbies

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 7

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6826-Great-key-lime-cake.html

I had problems with the last link so I reposted it.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 7

I can't get the link to work.. says internet explorer can't open page... wonder if something is wrong with the site. I am in need of a good key lime cake that I can make into cupcakes for a luau party coming up for a client...

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 7

try the one i reposted above. I think the other poster just typed too close and the haven't was included inthe link.

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:49pm
post #6 of 7

Do they all come out as a dense cake?? If so, I'll leave it. They've tried it before and they like it, it just seems really dense. This is for a wedding cake and is one of the 5 tiers I have to do!
Thanks!

pmaucher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmaucher Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 7

the cake recipe given by acookieobsession is a dense cake. I made it the other day and it is also very moist. (Its the Pacman cake in my pics). But it is very good, especially with a cream chese frosting. [/b]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%