How In The World!!!???

Decorating By laurakelly2 Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 6:22pm by laurakelly2

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:07pm
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurakelly2

Just got a request for a motorcycle groom's cake BUT they need it to feed 225 people!!! How the heck would I do that? Make it life size? HELP! Oh, and they want it to be all motorcycle, not on a sheet cake or anything....

You will need to make an armature if you are considering making this cake. The cake wont be 100% cake however. For the wheels and other parts you will have to consider using Rice Krispies covered with fondant.

As for $3 per serving that's way too low. You will not make a profit at that price. I would suggest pricing starting from $10-12 per serving. It's a lot of work and time. If they want something extravagant they need to have the money for it.

If you are confidant you can pull it off accept the job if to turn it down.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:21pm
post #32 of 34

That is an awesome cake by Adven68! I'm sure if you were to PM her, she'd be happy to help you with the details.

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:40pm
post #33 of 34

Oh I have faith you can do it...but I totally agree with everyone else...you should charge no less than $8 per serving! Maybe you could do two of Adven68 Cycles and put them on Sheet cake which looks like a road and one could be for the groom and the other for the bride and have a sign on the back that is attached that says just married. Just a thought... Good luck.

laurakelly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurakelly2 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:22pm
post #34 of 34

Thank you guys for all the great advice!

The woman never called me back so, I'm assuming she thought my price quote was.....too high! icon_lol.gif

She was needing 400 servings of cake and was going to have a 200 serving wedding cake....needed 200 servings+ in the groom's cake.....a motorcycle!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%