Is This Dora Strange Looking?

Decorating By laynie72 Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 2:04am by msauer

laynie72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:32am
post #1 of 16

Here is my attempt to create a fondant GP Dora for a birthday cake,
Does she look like Dora? My hubby told me she is a little strange...
LL

15 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:43am
post #2 of 16

My 2 year old (our resident Dora expert) says your Dora is perfect.

I just tried making one the other day and mine didn't come out nearly as good.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:51am
post #3 of 16

I recognized her as Dora and I'm 48 and haven't had kids at home in a long time.

Jibbies

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:51am
post #4 of 16

Nope...I think you did a GREAT job! Not strange looking at all.

YALANTZI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YALANTZI Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:55am
post #5 of 16

She looks pretty good to me, I made one and her eyes were kind of off. My daughter would say " I like the scary dora you made" lol.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:56am
post #6 of 16

The only suggestion I might make is cut her bangs a little, so her one eye is not covered.

Other that I think it's perfect....my 3 year old boy loves Diego on his shoes, but likes Dora even more. These cartoon figures are very challenging because they can really end up looking creepy. Yours looks very good.

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:59am
post #7 of 16

I think she is fab couldnt have done better myself... put her on cake with pride...

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:08am
post #8 of 16

She's a little off, but I think she'll do fine.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:19am
post #9 of 16

I kept coming back to your picture and I just happen to have the 2009 Wilton yearbook right here beside me, so I opened it up to compare and if you have to find something to "fix" I think maybe she needs just a little more neck.
By the way check out the look on Ariels face on page 33 she looks a little constipated icon_eek.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Jibbies

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:23am
post #10 of 16

I agree needs more neck - move her arms down a little. other than that - GREAT job

laynie72 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:25am
post #11 of 16

yes! she needs a neck, she has a little hunch back also in the back but no one will see it icon_wink.gif
she also needs hands... but I was not very brave to cut little fingers...

I do not have the new Wilton book jet, I will check Ariel out sometime (you make me laugh!!)

laynie72 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:28am
post #12 of 16

ups!!
I think is too late to fix the neck I just tried to move the arms down and she almost brakes.. icon_sad.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:29am
post #13 of 16

I just showed my soon-to-be-three year old (without saying anything to her) and she knew it was Dora. Actually called her Princess Dora because "she's wearing a princess hat". I told her it was Birthday Dora because it was a birthday hat. lol

My only criticism (as soon as I saw her) is she needs to have her eyes outlined.

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:45am
post #14 of 16

I like her! I think you did great, but I see the point of her missing the neck....but I think she looks like a "baby" dora...you know because babies don't have much of a neck! Congrats...I'm not even close to doing a figurine!

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:54am
post #15 of 16

it looks very good to me..
and I never ask anything to my hubby 'cause he never knows what he is saying about cake decorating icon_biggrin.gif

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:04am
post #16 of 16

I always find that trying to duplicate a famous image is rather difficult, but you did a great job!

If your hubby thinks it looks "strange", its only because Dora is a bit strange looking to begin with...c'mon...how many kids do you know with a football shaped head? LOL!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%