A Great Email

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 3:16am by CakesbyBecca

CakesbyBecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyBecca Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 5

One of the mom's in my Moms Club asked me to do a doll cake for her daughter's first birthday. I was very honest with her and told her that I was new to cake decorating and that I had never done a doll cake before, but that if she wanted me to, I would make it for her and she could reimburse me for the cost of ingredients and supplies. I was really nervous because it was a style of cake I had never done and a recipe I had never used. I wasn't overly excited with the way it turned out, but she just sent me this email:

So the cake was beautiful... R* loved it AND it was yummy! It was such a big hit. Even the mommies all enjoyed it and wanted to know who made it. Of course I told them you! It got me thinking that if you would like I would love to send out an email to MOM'S club giving you a plug for your decorating... if that is something you'd like. I think you may be able to start a little side businessicon_wink.gif So if you'd like just let me know. I didn't want to do it without asking you first. thank you again so much. Everyone loved it!

YAY! I'm so excited! I put the picture in my photos. Like I said, it was my first and I have a lot to learn.

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:49am
post #2 of 5

You are doing great. No wonder everyone is raving. Get ready to be busyicon_smile.gif

CakesbyBecca Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:54am
post #3 of 5

Thanks icon_wink.gif

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:31am
post #4 of 5

The doll cake looks fantastic, is the dress covered with pearl dust... it looks so shiny! Good job!

CakesbyBecca Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 3:16am
post #5 of 5

Thanks! To be honest, I think it's Pearl Dust, but I'm not sure. I got "Pearl something" from Michaels and threw away the wrapper, so I'm not sure (Did I mention I'm new to this icon_wink.gif ) I mixed the pearl dust with clear vanilla. My house smelled soooo good until she came to pick it up. I kind of missed it when it was gone icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%