Favorite Cake Books?

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 8:24pm by lilahcakes

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:54am
post #31 of 35

Does the Marth Stewart weddings book have good cake recipes. I would like to know which books have the best scratch recipes.

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:00pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilahcakes

Does the Marth Stewart weddings book have good cake recipes. I would like to know which books have the best scratch recipes.

I really like the red velvet recipe in Martha Stewart's wedding cake book (clear, precise directions, and it was delicious) -- but haven't really tired any of her others yet. A lot of them are large-volume recipes, which is helpful for cake decorators.

The Cake Bible and Toba Garrett's book are the sources for the most of the rest of my scratch recipes...

Hope this helps. thumbs_up.gif

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:34am
post #33 of 35

I've already said this in this past, and have to agree with Petit-four . . . The Cake Bible is great for scratch recipes.

BTB

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:23pm
post #34 of 35

I just got the "Little Cakes from the WBH" book. There is a cherry filling in there I can't wait to try for this weekend! It looks like it has some good recipes.

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:24pm
post #35 of 35

Ok, I just ordered Martha's Bakers Handbook, Weddingcakes, and , The cake Bible. Why do I have an addiction to cake books? I always say no more .... then turn around and order 3( not to mention the others i just pre ordered) icon_cry.gifdunce.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%