Groom's Cake Question

Decorating By LoriRice Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 2:38am by AmyGonzalez

LoriRice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriRice Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 7:14am
post #1 of 8

I have a bride that has hired me for her reception in October. She's having a destination wedding, but is having a reception in her hometown after they return. She has already ordered a cake to serve 70 people, and has told me there would other desserts served as well. She wants to have a groom's cake also. How many servings/how large of a cake would you recommend in this situation, or would you just leave it up to the bride to order whatever she wants. Hope this question makes sense, and any advice is greatly appreciated!!

7 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 8

Typically, the grooms cake is enough to feed about 1/3 of the guests, however, since they are usually chocolate, the bride my want a larger number of servings. It should be up to her, since she has to pay for it.

LoriRice Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, JoAnn. That's kinda what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 8

I just always ask them how big they want it. The ones I've done are usually just a token cake on the side ... 8" round or so.

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 8

I would totally leave that up to the bride and groom, unless they tell you that you can do whatever, wouldn't that be fun. I love when people order a cake give me a theme and then say I trust you, do whatever you think will be good. icon_biggrin.gif That's when I get a chance to really be creative. birthday.gif

LoriRice Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:30am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for all of your input icon_biggrin.gif

Amy, I LOVE it when someone gives me free creative reign!! However, I usually have already quoted a price, go all out, and they end up with a much more "expensive" cake!!

LoriRice Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:32am
post #7 of 8

Thanks for all of your input icon_biggrin.gif

Amy, I LOVE it when someone gives me free creative reign!! However, I usually have already quoted a price, go all out, and they end up with a much more "expensive" cake!!

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:38am
post #8 of 8

Is'nt that the truth. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%