My First Cake Pictures. (Photos Fixed - I Think)

Decorating By basketlacey Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 2:33pm by AmyGonzalez

basketlacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
basketlacey Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #1 of 11

Trying this again. Here are pictures of my first cake that I decorated "outside" of the pan. I start my Wilton classes next week but I wanted to make this for my dd's 4th birthday. It certainly doesn't look professional but she was thrilled.

Image[/img]

10 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:22am
post #2 of 11

Looks like a good start. The cakes are level, the writing is even, and it is creative. Can't ask for much more. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

basketlacey Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:24am
post #3 of 11

Thanks JoAnn. I had some issues. Several things didn't turn out like I planned. I will definitely be coming here for advice (plus I figured out a few things as I screwed up -lol).

basketlacey Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:32am
post #4 of 11

Thanks JoAnn. I had some issues. Several things didn't turn out like I planned. I will definitely be coming here for advice (plus I figured out a few things as I screwed up -lol).

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:40am
post #5 of 11

It's too cute!! I'm glad we can all see the picture now..lol

Good job!! thumbs_up.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:44am
post #6 of 11

Basketlacey............that's where I learned the most from me doing it wrong the first time. No matter what someone tells you we still have to learn to do it our way. Trial and error is my best trainer. Your off to a GREAT start!!!

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:47am
post #7 of 11

This is a very nice cake! Great job! I bet the birthday princess loved it!

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:52am
post #8 of 11

Very creative! I think you did a great job. thumbs_up.gif

basketlacey Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 11:59am
post #9 of 11

Thanks everyone!

I had a ball making the cake (even though it took hours icon_biggrin.gif ) That is what counts the most, right?

I definitely need more practice with getting the icing smooth. I wish someone would do the sculpting and icing and I could just decorate icon_lol.gif I am hoping that will improve with time. And like I said, I learned a few valuable lessons.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:26pm
post #10 of 11

Everyone has to start somewhere and I think you're off to a great start! You certainly took on a challenge as well! You have the idea and obviously the creativity and the want of a challenge to keep you going. You'll love the class! Good luck, and Happy Belated B'day to your daughter!

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:33pm
post #11 of 11

On the home page of this site there is a tutorial on how to get smooth icing. It's called the Melvira Method. I use this method and my cakes come out smoothe everytime! I love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%