I Get To Take 2 Classes With Aine2!!!!

Decorating By bambuf Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 3:21pm by Bettycrockermommy

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 87

Today is my 11th wedding anniversary. For my gift, my husband enrolled me in two of Lorraine McKay's upcoming classes in Austin Texas. I am UBER excited! Aine2 is one of my cake heroes and I am SOOOO happy to have this "cakertunity"! What a great hubby I have (and I just gave him money for a couple of new golf clubs...) Can't wait for October....

86 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 87

I am so totally jealous. I need your hubby to give my hubby lessons. LOL.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 87

Oh! Lucky you (on both counts - class and hubby!).

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 87

how fun

now be sure and give us all the details and pictures when you're done.

bambuf Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:20am
post #5 of 87

I must admit...I am really quite intimidated about taking the class. I really haven't done much modeling, so I hope I don't look like an idiot! icon_smile.gif LOL

nannie Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:37am
post #6 of 87

from her vids and blog I think she must be a real sweetheart.

i'm sure you'll have fun

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:40am
post #7 of 87

Wow! congratulations. What a wonderful gift. I would love to be going. It's not going to work out for me in October, but I'm hoping somewhere down the line to be able to take a class with and meet Lorraine. Enjoy every minute of it. I'm sure it's going to be a great learning experience!

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 1:39am
post #8 of 87

Can I get my husband enrolled in your Hubby Lessons? My DH definitely supports me in my cake business, but he would never think to do something like that for me! Shucks icon_lol.gif!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:33am
post #9 of 87

Bambuf,

Which classes are you enrolled in?

bambuf Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:39am
post #10 of 87

I am taking the one day Teddy Bear class and the two day Bride and Groom class. DH said that the Bride & Groom class filled up in the first day, so you know that he jumped on it fast! icon_smile.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:47am
post #11 of 87

Awesome!! I can't wait to meet you there! I am also enrolled in the bride/groom class.

bambuf Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:53am
post #12 of 87

Yay! I finally get to meet a Cake Central Cakebuddy! icon_smile.gif Tho, I suppose I probably could meet at a few at OSSAS in September...(I just live north of Tulsa, so it would be silly NOT to go and check out all of the amazing cakes there!) icon_smile.gif Looking forward to seeing you, Bettycrockermommy! I'll be the short round lady who looks awestruck and clueless all in the same expression!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 3:02am
post #13 of 87

You are so lucky to be so close to Tulsa! I only dream on being able to go to OSSAS. Oh well! One of these days!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 3:03am
post #14 of 87

Well bambuf, it looks like we'll be meeting too! I'm in the Teddy Bear class and the Dad and Me class! Can't wait to meet ya! thumbs_up.gif

bambuf Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 3:06am
post #15 of 87

I don't always feel so lucky to be close to Tulsa. I find irony in the fact that Tulsa hosts one of the most renowned Sugar Art Shows in the country, yet there is not a Cake supply store within a 2 hour radius! I have to settle for getting supplies at my local Hobby Lobby or ordering online! LOL

bambuf Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 3:08am
post #16 of 87

Yay! I've another Cake buddy to meet! I really have to get to practicing with Lorraine's tutorials so I don't look like a fool. icon_biggrin.gif

seraphim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seraphim Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 8:19am
post #17 of 87

Don't worry about being made to look a fool - that is NOT going to happen. I am lucky enough to stay near Lorraine and took one of her classes last year when I had never modelled in my life. She is a great teacher and really takes you through it step by step.

You will have no bother at all!

bambuf Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 1:24pm
post #18 of 87

Thanks for the reassurance, Seraphim! I must admit, I really find her tutorials to be very easy to follow. I had pretty good success making the Cheeky ducks and the tiny teddy, so I am hoping the bigger stuff will go well, too! icon_smile.gif

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:29pm
post #19 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambuf

Yay! I've another Cake buddy to meet! I really have to get to practicing with Lorraine's tutorials so I don't look like a fool. icon_biggrin.gif

First of all...what a lovely thread to read after a busy day! Thank you so much. Secondly, there is absolutely no chance that you will look like a fool. I will be there to help you all the way so stop worrying. thumbs_up.gif Start taking note of all the questions you want to ask me as I know my time in Austin is going to go much too fast so you'd better take advantage! icon_wink.gif There will be lots of fun and laughter and you will go home at the end of the day with a creation to be very proud of indeed...that's a promise. I'm looking forward to meeting you already. icon_lol.gif

Thank you too Julie for your support. thumbs_up.gif

bambuf Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:40pm
post #20 of 87

Just counting the days until the classes! icon_smile.gif I can't wait to meet you, aine2! icon_smile.gif

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm
post #21 of 87

I going to be in the Teddy Bear class! I can't wait to meet you cc'ers!

nannie Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:58pm
post #22 of 87

I wanna take a class too icon_cry.gif

Maybe I need to start saving and just come to scenic Scotland.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:06pm
post #23 of 87

Sooo JEALOUS!!!

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:12pm
post #24 of 87

You are a lucky lady to have such a thoughtful hubby! Mine flat out said no when I asked to enroll...didn't even matter that this is our 10th anniversary. And darn it if you couldn't have picked me up on your way down I-35!! hahaha Have fun, I know it will be a blast!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm
post #25 of 87

Ok, your hubby rocks! It's my birthday and I got a gps system...a toy for him, not what I thought I was getting. Oh well, my mom and SIL bought me Wilton's new super storage caddy. I sooo needed that! Enjoy the classes!

Paula

bambuf Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:25pm
post #26 of 87

Hmmm...Copacabanya, maybe we need to bring Aine2 to Okiehoma for a spell! You know, like right to your backdoor, so your hubby can't say NO! For now, though, I am happy to let anyone who wishes live vicariously through me! icon_biggrin.gif

pjmw- Your situation sounds like the year I received a grill for my birthday. icon_sad.gif I had a birthday recently too, and I also got the new tool caddy! icon_smile.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 10:01pm
post #27 of 87

I can't help being envious, but I am so happy for those of you that are going. Please remember to tell us every little detail. Lorraine is wonderful, we are so fortunate to have her around here, she shares so much with us for free. I will hope that one day I can take a class with her.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 10:09pm
post #28 of 87

I can't wait to meet all of y'all! I'm in the Bride & Groom class! icon_biggrin.gif

Sherri

kalida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalida Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 10:47pm
post #29 of 87

GOOD FOR YOU. ENJOY!!! She is a true artist. Now you get to learn some of her skillz. Wish i were u ;o) LOL

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:58pm
post #30 of 87

SCORE!!! I totally got into the bride and groom class!!! Im SO excited icon_biggrin.gif For those of you going, are you staying in a hotel? I live in Houston, so it's too far to drive back and forth at night.... For those in a hotel, if anyone would like to share a room, let me know!

I didnt even tell my hubby that I signed up icon_wink.gif He's in Iraq, though, so it's not like he'll be the one watching my kids when Im gone for 2 days

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%