Chunky Monkeys

Lounge By Mencked Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 10:28am by minicuppie

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:34pm
post #421 of 430

Hello everyone! I feel like I've been in a loony bin for the last several weeks (so busy!!) and really thought it would slow down, but now I've got a wedding this weekend and one the next--Just thought I'd check in to say howdy! I'm going to stick with this thread because I don't have time or energy to rewrite everything, but hopefully I'll be able to catch up with everyone that I feel I've gotten to know a little bit somewhere on here! My weight has stayed the same through all of this craziness and happy New Year's everyone! Any new resolutions, or are they the same like mine....lose weight, get organized..... icon_smile.gif Maybe this really will be the year!!! Has anyone heard from Krystine? Is she stateside again?

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 7:34am
post #422 of 430

I have not heard from Krystyne. I sure hope she's ok. Gingerbread is officially the devil. My in laws are wonderful people, but honestly I can't wait until my house is mine again and I can go back to eating boring tv dinners and protein shakes.

Mencked Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:58pm
post #423 of 430

I know what you mean! My family finally left after their annual holiday visit to the OKIES and now we have the fabulous task of cleaning up all of the leftovers....you know, the bad leftovers with tons of bad ingredients....honestly this time of year is so rough to handle!! Have you guys been watching that show Ruby--It's about a lady who started weighing in at well over 400 lbs--and I think she'd weighed even more than that at one time--and now she's below 400--I watch that show (TiVo) and I think, if she can do it, surely I can--of course she has TV $$ backing her, but still.....it's kind of fun to see how she's doing it! Happy New Year, and good luck getting back to those boring TV dinners soon!!!

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:36pm
post #424 of 430

Hello fellow monkeys! It really has been a crazy month. With everything going on time really just got away from me. I hope with this next year I can find peace. If I lose weight that will be great but if I don't then I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm too tired of the same self-defeating crap I tell myself everyday. I want to get stronger and for my back to stop hurting ( 5 slipped discs). I want to take an hour for myself and work out and I want my husband to do the same. I want to make healthier decision not only for myself but for my children but if I do have a piece of cake or whatever I'm not going to hate myself for it. I'm only human and I figure if I can do small steps first then God willing it will get easier. I know I'm rambling sorry for that.

I want everyone to have a healthy New Year and know no matter what you all have a special place in my heart.

Kathy

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:23pm
post #425 of 430

Just came across this thread...My story in a nutshell...LD nurse for over 20 years...ate on the run and kept a healthy, comfortable size. Back surgery #1 in 2000 #2 in 2005. Now have a piece of metal the size of a paint can in my back. Surgery #2 not successful and had to retire from a job I loved and weight crept up to almost 200. The hubs was sad because I was uncomfortable and unhappy with my size. He took our IRS refund and gave it to me for Jenny Craig. Our health insurance paid most of the contract fee (they are trying to avoid having to cover another surgery) and the food is about a hundred a week. I am not totally compliant but have lost 21 lbs since end of March. I also see a PT for body hardening ...couldn't walk more than 10 minutes without being in give me my drugs kind of pain. I am getting stronger every week . That's MY story...can I join the CM club?

Mencked Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm
post #426 of 430

Please do join us. This is the original Chunky Monkey thread started by moi, but there is also another chunky monkey thread higher up in the lounge section. Texas Sugar started that one but I can't remember why there are two going...anyway, you may want to check that one out as it's more current icon_smile.gif. I'm so glad you found us!!!

minicuppie Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 10:19pm
post #427 of 430

Thank you, Diane. This is how my day went....rushed out without eating breakfast...so ate "everything" bagels while shopping at noon...3 of them. They were very tasty and I feel guilty. mimi

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 7:15pm
post #428 of 430

Don't feel guilty! We've all done it-more times than I care to remember. Just next time try and eat only 1 and a piece of fruit. I'm really glad you are here and hopefully I will be getting notices and will respond sooner.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Kathy

Mencked Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 1:23am
post #429 of 430

I agree don't feel guilty! I'm back on the wagon again today....it's kind of tough to remain consistent but all we can do is try icon_smile.gif! Yeah Chunky Monkeys!!!

minicuppie Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 10:28am
post #430 of 430

Yes, today is a new day. Even though I had ham last nite and my rings are tight and I have to weigh! tapedshut.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%