Need Help/ideas For A Multiple Cake Request

Decorating By Chef_Lori Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 10:24pm by crystalina1977

Chef_Lori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Lori Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 8

Hi guys... I'm at a loss and I'd love some ideas from the fine folks here!

I have someone who is throwing a big outdoor anniversary party in September (Labor Day Weekend). She's expecting 150 people, and she wants several different cakes/desserts to put out an elaborate "cruise-like" display. Argh.

I normally only do cakes/cupcakes... and I can't imagine doing all cake slices? It seems like cupcakes make more sense, but she wants it 'fancier'.

We're in Ohio, so fall will be right around the corner... I'm thinking some fall-like stuff... I'm thinking I'll figure 1.5 servings per person since there will be other food there (in my experience, if there's more than one flavor of something people will try at least two).

Please, save me from the burnout I'm wallowing in!! icon_sad.gif

7 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 8

What about the mini bundt cakes different flavors decorated, you can place them on the tier cake plates all around I did this for a baby shower that was like a brunch theme shower I had 5 different flavores and decorated with pastel colors and baby decorations. Just a thought

Molly2

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 8

Does she want all cakes or could you do cookies and brownies etc?

You could do mini cupcakes, for some reason everything looks "fancier" when its miniature!

Bakerella's cupcake pops would also be really cute!

I hope she has some deep pockets for all that work you will be doing!!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 8

I was just on a cruise and they had a lot of different desserts. You know cookies, brownies, cupcakes, etc. Is she having more than one type of dessert? Are you making all of the desserts?

I do mini cheesecakes - that's my best selling item.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 8

You can make mini cupcakes with 2 different fillings. Decorate and display with theme.

You can makes bars and brownies - all mini bite size.

Eclairs and Cream puffs

You can also make baklava - never any left overs on this one.

Fancy Fruit displays, either a basket shaped watermelon or a couple of melon flowers (you can get 2 really nice large flowers from melons.

You could cut a watermelon in a bowl shape with their Anniversary # left on 1 side. Fill the bowl with fruit and then have another 1/2 melon with skewers of fruit flowers and what not.

Good Luck.

Good Luck.

trichardson1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trichardson1229 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:02pm
post #6 of 8

I think everyone has given some great ideas. I would like to add cake balls or petite fours to the list.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 8

Maybe a half chocolate, half something else sheet cake, decorated with her theme. Then make a variety of single bite treats that accompany it...brownies, mini cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, tartlets (my favorite is lime meringue, yummers!).

Let us know what you go with...sounds like a ton of work!! Good luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:24pm
post #8 of 8

i agree, mini cheesecakes, you can find a great easy recipe on all recipes dot com for mini cheesecakes I

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%