Does Anyone Not Offer American Buttercream?

Business By mom42ws Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 1:27am by lilthorner

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 3:40pm
post #91 of 107

I use a whipped powdered sugar buttercream and I adore it and so does everyone else. No greasy film, no grit. It isn't too sweet at all and it is VERY VERY good. I don't worry about air bubbles because I do hot spatula method of smoothing it out. It is very light and darn good.

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:50am
post #92 of 107

can tou post the receipe Mosmom? sounds yummy!

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:53am
post #93 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

can tou post the receipe Mosmom? sounds yummy!

Oh yes Mosmom, it sounds wonderful!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:30am
post #94 of 107

Yes.. you can leave a cake covered and iced in SMBC or IMBC on the counter covered in fondant overnight or even for a day or so.

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #95 of 107

Jeanne, were you in the same area as the big storm today?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:35am
post #96 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Yes.. you can leave a cake covered and iced in SMBC or IMBC on the counter covered in fondant overnight or even for a day or so.

I'm so confused. icon_cry.gif This totally goes against everything I've read about these recipes, that they have to be refrigerated.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:17am
post #97 of 107

If you want to keep it for weeks.. then yes.. it must be chilled, but over night or for a day it will be more than fine. I have had it out for a few days and it was more than fine.. no spoilage or off smell or taste. So long as you aren't adding a perishable filling to your cake it will be fine. If you have leftovers I would chill them becuse your whole cake will keep better that way.

And yes.. were are about 20 minutes from Epsom, NH where they are suspecting a tornado touched down and about 15 minutes from Deerfield where they think another one touched down.. scary stuff.

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:39am
post #98 of 107

I did some vanilla cupcakes ( no filling) but just swirled the SMBC for the frosting and left them to sit covered on the table to see how long they would hold up and still taste good and the fifth day I ate the last one & it was stll delicous! That was the recipe using all butter.

Linda

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:12pm
post #99 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Thank you for answering this question! I've been asking for everrrrrr.

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:50am
post #100 of 107

I use both. My husband hates the SMBC but my 14 year old son Loves it. My husband always has a sweet tooth, but my son really does not like sweet things, they make him have a stomach ache. So I think it is to each his own. I love the SMBC. I have used it on a few cakes, but I did not get an overwhelming response to it so I think it depends on where you are and what people are used to.
We just need to educate them! lol
Rebecca

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:42pm
post #101 of 107

SMBC is just like 7 minute icing but with butter added? I have made this type and also the IMBC. My son didn't like it because it was to soft and buttery. Like my ABC...or frosting BC... powdered BC....whatever BC, add vanilla and orange flavoring and it's heavenly.

I need a lil more persuading to go to the other side. Heat and humidity is a big issue here.

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:49pm
post #102 of 107

After reading this, I definitely will have to try this SMBC IMBC.

I've used powdered frosting bc because that is what I learned. But I do mostly use the Whimisical Bakehouse house recipe, it is not as sweet and has a great texture!

I think I feel a just because cake coming...

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:16am
post #103 of 107

calivettie, could you post the Whimsical Bakehouse recipe that you like...we are traditional BC lovers, but I'd like to try the one you use.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:13am
post #104 of 107

dkelly27, No problem. Here it is.

Whimsical Bake House Buttercream
In Mixer bowl, stir together:

6 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Using whip attachment, add and whip on low speed:

1 cup boiling water (3/4 cup on hot days)

Whip until smooth and is cool.

Add and whip until smooth again:

2 3/4 cup Hi-Ratio* or regular vegetable shortening
6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) butter; slightly chilled and cut into 1" pieces

Turn up mixer to medium-high. Whip until double in volume and is light and fluffy. About 10-20 minutes. Recipe will almost fill a 5-quart mixer bowl when done.

Makes 9 1/2 cups

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm
post #105 of 107

I love the WBH House buttercream!

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:23pm
post #106 of 107

save

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:27am
post #107 of 107

i just found this post bcause I was searching for WBH buttercream info.. I LOVE the MBC's but people love the ps kind.. I really want to only offer SMBC.. shoudl I just say, um this is what I have? and I am a member of TCSC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%