Does Anyone Know If The Sugarbuzz Cake Board Is Still

Decorating By eatdessert1st Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 3:37am by SweetResults

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:06am
post #1 of 13

in action? I've been trying to access for the past few weeks. I keep getting an error page. Have they changed their address?

Thanks,
Melanie Mc.

12 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 7:18am
post #2 of 13

The site is working for me at this moment, however strangely enough when I try to log in it says I don't exist anymore...maybe they cancel you if you are not an active member. Anyway I was indeed able to access the 1 or two pages you can reach as a guest, so maybe it was just down for a short while today.

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:05am
post #3 of 13

I have tried to become a member 3-4 times in a years time. I just don't get it. What is the problem. icon_confused.gif

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 9:36am
post #4 of 13

I have never been able to do anything on that site. icon_mad.gif I figured I must have been "black-balled" or something. icon_confused.gif Maybe I just don't know how to navigate the site..... icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif Good luck in your quest. icon_wink.gif

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 13

Working just fine for me. I get on that site daily and never have a problem.

Teresa

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 13

Very odd... aol keeps giving me "can't find the page you're looking for." Finally used Internet Explorer and was able to find the page and log back in.
Iloveweddings, what's happening when you try to join? If you're having problems email the administration... they're very good about replying.
LadyMike, email admin. w/ your difficulty, too. It's another wonderful cake board. It takes me awhile to figure out how to post pics and things... sometimes I'll forget to click on a button and poof! there goes my whole post into internet purgatory. I do that, here, too icon_surprised.gif

thanks for the replies! I'm glad I finally got back on!

Melanie Mc.

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatdessert1st

Iloveweddings, what's happening when you try to join? If you're having problems email the administration... they're very good about replying.

I sign up. They say all memberships have to be approved by admin and you will hear back in 24hrs. I never hear back. I write to them and get no reply.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:53pm
post #8 of 13

A few weeks ago they upgraded or changed server, the old link does not work. e-mails were sent out to members.

here is the new link

http://sugarbuzz.us/forum/

It has been working fine for me.

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:06am
post #9 of 13

Thank you to Melanie and to justsweet for the info. I was able to register and I've already gotten the email to validate. Now that that's taken care of, I should hear from them again so that I will officially be a part of that "neighborhood" too! Thanks again!

LadyMike icon_smile.gif

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:09pm
post #10 of 13

I've been a member on that board for years and I can't access it thru my AOL. If I go into internet explorer, I can get there.
sugarbuzz.us

Jen icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:00pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise

I've been a member on that board for years and I can't access it thru my AOL. If I go into internet explorer, I can get there.
sugarbuzz.us

Jen icon_smile.gif

LOL, Jen, you're logged into Denise's account!!

Hope you gals are having a blast while I am sitting here in Houston, green with envy!!!

Hugs,
Sherri

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 2:19am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveweddings

I sign up. They say all memberships have to be approved by admin and you will hear back in 24hrs. I never hear back. I write to them and get no reply.

I had the same problem-so I e-mailed for tech support and they were pretty nasty. Eventually I was able to join, but when I've tried to get on recently (after a long absence) I also was not able to get on. I think they do drop you if a long stretch of time passes between logins.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:37am
post #13 of 13

I tried to sign up a few times before with no luck as well. So I've given up - it really should not be that hard! You should not have to wait up to 24 hours to join a forum. Total deterrent!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%