Marshmallow Fondant

Decorating By milocat15 Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm by ASimpleBaker

milocat15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milocat15 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:00am
post #1 of 5

Two questions:
Does anyone have any good mmf recipes?
and, does it taste better than wilton fondant?

Just curious. I'd appreciate any advice you can give.
Thanks!

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:27am
post #2 of 5

All the MMF recipes are very similar, and all taste better than Wilton.

The recipes are in the recipe section. Be sure to hold back some of the sugar. The recipe may not need all of it, or it may need more. A lot depends on the humidity.

milocat15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milocat15 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you!

Afarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afarren Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 5

I have tried Rhonda's MMF, it tastes good and is easy to work with!

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 5

I love using MMF! I find that after you melt the liquid and the marshmallows it is good to add the ps in increments until you reach the consistancy you are looking for. It is cheap and easy and soooooo much fun to play with!

The other day I purchased chocolate mashmallows and made chocolate MMF. Very yummy and a beautiful chocolate color. I also was able to easily color it to Black!

I use the recipe I pulled from the wilton.com site posted by bunnywomen, and she had it from somewhere else. So easy

The basic recipe is
16oz Marshmallows
2 tbls water
2 pounds (about 8 cups) powdered sugar

Put the marshmallows in a microwave proof bowl or container. Add the two tablespoons of water (this is where you sub whatever flavor you wish for some of the water) I love the lorain oils, they flavor it nicely!

Micorowave it in 30 second increments until it shows puffy. Pull the bowl out of the microwave (be carefull it is hot!!!)

This is the "soupy"time that is best to add the color so your hands do not get inked.

Start mixing in the ps with a spoon (I use a rubber spatula). When about half the ps is in, I then starting adding it in small amounts and mixing it wiht my hands. It is usually cool enough by this time.

VOILA! good tasting and inexpensive fondant. I have covered cakes and made all kinds of figures with it. I even made the pillars for my Castle cake from it. Any time I want hard decorations, I add some tylose to help harden it up. Works great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%