A Plea From Aine2!

Lounge By aine2 Updated 17 Jan 2007 , 8:38am by BarbaraK

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 10:39am
post #1 of 29

Just before Christmas, my dear husband managed to wipe my computer completely! icon_surprised.gif I have lost so much work and business linked things but there's nothing I can do about it so there is no point in me going on and on about it.....I think he has got the message! Anyhow, my plea is to all of you who took the time to send me your wonderful work and asked for advice or opinions. So many of you mailed me through my website and I had individual folders for each of you so that I could keep in touch and remember who you are! Now I have nothing icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif I could not access my website until yesterday and my mail box is like it has never existed before.

I will start trawling through the galleries to try and find some pictures but your lovely mail and words are lost! My apologies to anyone who has written and has not had a reply. I was simply unable to until now so please don't think that I wasn't caring....I was and I am. thumbs_up.gif

It's good to be back! icon_wink.gif

28 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 10:42am
post #2 of 29

It's great to have you back! Did you have anything wonderful planned for your grandchild's 1st birthday - did you do the cake? I hope so, and can't wait to see it!

aine2 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 10:54am
post #3 of 29

Oh a reply!!!!! I'm so pleased. Thank you for the welcome back. It was a bit of a tale on Andrew's first birthday. His mum was so unwell so I had Andrew to stay over with us so he didn't get his cake until the next day when mum was much better. We had great fun with him though and he loved his cake. I've attached a picture. It wasn't my design. I rely heavily on Debbie Brown's party cakes when I'm pushed for time and I certainly was last month!

More good news, I'm going to have another grandchild this year which as it turns out might be twins! My daughter will know for sure on Wednesday so I'm a bit overexcited at the moment.....double cake!! Oh no!!
LL
LL

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 10:55am
post #4 of 29

wow aine2 how terrible that that happened, i hope you can recover some of the pic's etc...

i thought you had been a little quiet lately, well its good to have you back and I hope to see some more of your fantastic figures and cake's

cheers

kylie

aine2 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 11:12am
post #5 of 29

Luckily I download my cake photos onto discs as I go along but I hadn't gotten around to the December ones yet. I can only retrieve the ones I put onto CC but the others are now gone. I had only recently downloaded all the photos I have of Andrew's first year or I could have lost all of those too. That would have been too much to bear! I am so upset by all of the CC members photos that I no longer have. I was so proud of them and should have printed them off much sooner to pin up in my own little gallery in my workshop....but I didn't!

nickluke0705 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickluke0705 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 11:26am
post #6 of 29

Aine2,

I don't know you and have never written, but my DH is a IT guy. He said that there is a program from Symantec corporation called System Tools has software for unformatting a computer which may give you a good chance of recovering the data. PM me if you want information.

NickLuke

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 11:44am
post #7 of 29

So sorry to hear about this. As we speak, I am backing up all my data on CD-Rs.

Have you gone into your CC PMs and checked your inbox and outbox? And how about your Forum Info? All your posts and pics are accessible from there.

I will see if I have anything that came in from you, and send a copy to you via PM or e-mail through CC.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

aine2 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 11:47am
post #8 of 29

Cheers Theresa! I will spend a lot of today trying to retrieve photos. I didn't think of my pm's!! I should surely be able to access mail addresses from there. Thank you for helping. I really appreciate it. thumbs_up.gif

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 12:20pm
post #9 of 29

aine2.....just want to tell you that I think your cake is AMAZING!!!!! Congratulations on the new grandbaby(ies?).

Jennifer

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 1:16pm
post #10 of 29

Sorry to hear about your puter problems! But I wanted tolet you know that I think your cake is AWESOME! And congrats on your new grandbaby (ies)!

mittmitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mittmitt Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 1:28pm
post #11 of 29

That cake is so awesome, I wish I had the nerve to try a cake like that. Congrats on the new grandbaby (or babies). I would like to suggest getting a flash drive, they hold alot of information, and it doesn't take as much time to save your info on a drive than it does on CDR's

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 1:34pm
post #12 of 29

I thought you had been pretty quiet lately too......just figured it was because CC has been having so much trouble!! glad to see you're back.........and that cake is soooo awesome.......not unlike everything else you've created.......I'm such a huge fan of your work!!! My DH is an IT guy too and he always tells me.......when you delete something it's never DELETED!! There must be a way to retrieve the info you've lost!! Its gotta be in there somewhere!Good luck with retrieving it............your poor DH he must feel awefull!!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 1:36pm
post #13 of 29

Welcome back Lorraine. Missed seeing your wonderful cakes here on CC. Hope you can recover some of your lost stuff from the computer.
Congrats on the forthcoming grandbaby/babies.

Barbara

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 6:16pm
post #14 of 29

I am so sorry for computer problems.

I just checked out your website---WOW---it is fantastic.
Your cakes are incredible and I love your style.

Leslie

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 8:36pm
post #15 of 29

I'm also sorry to hear about your computer problems... hope you can get your pictures and info back! And congratulations on your grandbaby/babies, that is great! And of course, that cute cake for your grandchild, OMG, speechless as usual, I am also a big fan of your work and thanks for being so sweet and always willing to share your knowledge!

aine2 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 8:46pm
post #16 of 29

Thank you. Thank you so much. I've had some super pm's and am back in happy land again! icon_lol.gif Everyone is so helpful and kind, how could I not want to be helpful in return??

I'm back in control with my laptop so it's all good. icon_wink.gif

Cheers everyone!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 9:05pm
post #17 of 29

Aloha Lorraine,
I missed you too, but also thought it was because of the problems with CC, (I'm still having problems). I haven't yet made a little person, but I did download your instructions & your offer of help & support when I do get started is much appreciated. Bless you & the babies.
June

aine2 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 9:09pm
post #18 of 29

Hi June

I'm not forgetting about you either. I look forward to assisting you in any way I can.

Thank you for your comments! icon_wink.gif

superstar Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 9:16pm
post #19 of 29

Aloha Lorraine,
I missed you too, but also thought it was because of the problems with CC, (I'm still having problems). I haven't yet made a little person, but I did download your instructions & your offer of help & support when I do get started is much appreciated. Bless you & the babies.
June

superstar Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 9:31pm
post #20 of 29

I did not mean to post twice, I am having a major problem with my computer & CC at the moment. Sorry.
June

aine2 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 9:34pm
post #21 of 29

Oh no! icon_surprised.gif I've jinxed you too! icon_lol.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 11:48pm
post #22 of 29

I'm so glad to see you back. I always look forward to seeing a new cake picture from you. I thought you were just super busy with the holidays and didn't have time to sit at the computer! Congratulations on the baby/babies. My oldest Grandson just turned 4 last week and the youngest will be 1 in February. What fun they are!

Jean

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:31am
post #23 of 29

Happy your back! I'm giving this thread a bump just so others can see it!

PS---I JUST AM IN LOVE WITH ALL OF YOUR WORK!

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 4:45am
post #24 of 29

Yipee..you're back!!! Welcome!
Sorry to hear of your computer problems...
congratulations on the baby or babies..can't wait to hear!

I am a huge fan of your work!

Jane

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 7:42am
post #25 of 29

Glad to see you back again!

Congratulations on the new babies! Twins maybe?! How exciting!

Please be sure to let us all know when your tutorial website begins.....I'm really looking forward to it!

aine2 Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 9:59am
post #26 of 29

Cheers again! icon_lol.gif I'm working on projects at the moment so by Easter there will hopefully be some news. icon_wink.gif

BarbaraK Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 10:59pm
post #27 of 29

Lorraine, Is that you in your avatar?

aine2 Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 7:42am
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraK

Lorraine, Is that you in your avatar?

Eh.....yes....it surely is. icon_redface.gif I got a new phone that takes pics too and I was messing around with my daughter to see who could pose the best! I win!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

BarbaraK Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 8:38am
post #29 of 29

You surely did win. Great to see the face behind all those fantastic work of art cakes!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%