How To Recreate Jenna Bush' Wedding Cake

Decorating By sassycleo Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 7:42pm by emrldsky

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:52pm
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Hey everybody I posted a link to explain what happened to the cake....

Too funny!! icon_lol.gif We posted the same link. Isn't it horrible what florists can do to cake creations?

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:11pm
post #32 of 35

I hadn't seen the cake either. It is pretty, but definitely looks like a mistake to me as well. At least the bride seemed to take it in stride.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:30pm
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

what I want to know is how on earth did they stack a tres leche cake??? we wanted one for my wedding cake, and they said that it would "ooze" milk all over the place if it weren't in the pan.
Please help me, because I told my mom that they could and she insisted that they couldn't, and God knows that I want to be right!!!

As far as stacking a Tres Leches cake. I got instructions from a fellow cc'er on how to do it. I'll pm you when I find it.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 7:33pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

what I want to know is how on earth did they stack a tres leche cake??? we wanted one for my wedding cake, and they said that it would "ooze" milk all over the place if it weren't in the pan.
Please help me, because I told my mom that they could and she insisted that they couldn't, and God knows that I want to be right!!!

I have done it, fondant too. You can't quite soak it as much as you would the panned kind, but you can still get plenty in there. Maybe it helps using a scratch cake (as I do) that can absorb more.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 7:42pm
post #35 of 35

Aha! It wasn't supposed to be tipped!!

Jenna on Ellen D's show:

Minute: 3:05 icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%