Would This Work For A Cake?

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 6:59pm by webbiedeb

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 16

So here's my thoughts. I'm making an 8" square cake for a co-worker - they only have about 20 people to feed. The delima is which filling to use. They LOVE both raspberry and chocolate mousse, but can't decide and told me to pick

Since they like both fillings, would it be okay to make a 3 layer cake instead of a double layer cake and for one of the fillings do raspberry and the other filling do chocolate mousse?

Is it OK to have two different fillings in one cake? I'm not creative or daring and since they are paying for this, I want it to taste good. Thoughts?

15 replies
BethG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethG Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 16

I personally have never done one that way. But I have been to a couple gatherings that have had cakes with two different fillings. Best of Luck!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 16

I put two fillings in cakes all the time! Just this past weekend I made 1 cake with lemon curd and raspberry and another with lemon curd and strawberry. I'm sure it'll be delicious!

MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 16

I think the raspberry & choc mousse sound fantastic!! Be brave...good luck to you! icon_lol.gif

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 16

I think two fillings is great. Who doesnt like raspberry and chocolate together. I say go for it.

mommak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommak Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 16

Ohh I think they would be awesome together!

Trixyinaz Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 16

Thanks so much....I'm gonna do it that way for them.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #8 of 16

Actually I have done raspberry mousse and is delicious..It gives this fluffly softer flavor of raspberry...is awesome!

Trixyinaz Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 16

Edna - would you mind sharing the recipe with me? If you don't want to, I understand. That does sound awesome and it would save me time in the kitchen and $$ since I'm not charging for the 3rd layer (my little gift to them).

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm
post #10 of 16

Well..I can't eat your regular whipped cream filling and in the weddings we dont use dairy cause we have to deal with weddings outside the fridge.
We use bettercream and we use the rasberry sleeve fillings.. We combined thme together and the flavor is awesome.
If you are used to do whipped fillings and like them in the real stuff, just add raspberry (it can be a jelly too) until you are happy with the flavor.
I never tried that with the real whipped filling cause I am allergic to dairy.. icon_redface.gif
Hope this helps!...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:21pm
post #11 of 16

I think it is an awesome idea. I have done different fillings in the same cake and love it. I also love doing different flavors of cake in the same tier.

bertha_cherie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bertha_cherie Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:25pm
post #12 of 16

Raspberry and chocolate is a classic combination. I have done many many cakes with more than one filling (sometimes three), but of course each flavor should compliment each other.
I don't like using one flavor for two or three layers of cake since I like to combine texture and flavor icon_smile.gif

bertha
www.gourmetbaking.blogspot.com

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:28pm
post #13 of 16

or ...

chocolate raspberry mousse ....

just mix them right together

then put in dark chocolate cake that has been moistened w/ Chambord

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:29pm
post #14 of 16

You already have many who agree the two are *super* togethericon_smile.gif
Why not swirl some raspberry into your choco mousse?? OR instead of making the extra layer of cake torte your cake twice and use the two as you 1st thought? If you are concerned about handling such thin layers of cake partically fz the cake b efore torting. Use a cookie sheet or cake board to seperate them.
OR make one layer of mouse then a layer of raspb erry over it.
There really isin't any need to add that extra layer of cake.

Trixyinaz Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:42pm
post #15 of 16

you guys are the best. I think I'm gonna mix the raspberry and chocolate together and call it a day and just do 2 layers instead of 3. I don't know why I stress over this stuff. I'm a loon!

webbiedeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webbiedeb Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:59pm
post #16 of 16

The two fillings will be great together. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%